MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2009
On Monday, the House will not be in session.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2009
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (12 Bills)
- H.R. 685 - United States Civil Rights Trail System Act of 2009 (Rep. Clay - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 2442 - Bay Area Regional Water Recycling Program Expansion Act of 2009 (Rep. George Miller - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 2950 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to allow for prepayment of repayment contracts between the United States and the Uintah Water Conservancy District (Rep. Matheson - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 3123 - Leadville Mine Drainage Tunnel Remediation Act of 2009 (Rep. Lamborn - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 905 - Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary and Underwater Preserve Boundary Modification Act (Rep. Stupak - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1771 - Chesapeake Bay Science, Education, and Ecosystem Enhancement Act of 2009 (Rep. Sarbanes - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1053 - Chesapeake Bay Accountability and Recovery Act of 2009 (Rep. Wittman - Natural Resources)
- H.Res. 16 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Life Insurance Awareness Month (Rep. Biggert - Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Res. 693 - Honoring the life and accomplishments of Jim Johnson and extending the condolences of the House of Representatives to his family on the occasion of his death (Rep. Brady (PA) - Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Con.Res. 186 - Supporting the goals and ideals of Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month (Rep. Davis (IL) - Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Res. 725 - Congratulating the Chula Vista Park View Little League team of Chula Vista, California, for winning the 2009 Little League World Series Championship (Rep. Filner - Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Res. 734 - Expressing the support for and honoring September 17, 2009 as "Constitution Day" (Rep. Latta - Oversight and Government Reform)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (16 Bills)
- H.Res. 731 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the employees of the Department of Homeland Security, their partners at all levels of government, and the millions of emergency response providers and law enforcement agents nationwide should be commended for their dedicated service on the Nation's front lines in the war against acts of terrorism (Rep. Clarke - Homeland Security)
- H.Res. 517 - Congratulating the University of Washington women's softball team for winning the 2009 Women's College World Series (Rep. McDermott - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 769 - Recognizing the benefits of service-learning as a teaching strategy to effectively engage youth in the community and classroom, and expressing support for the goals of the National Learn and Serve Challenge (Rep. Platts - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 487 - Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the State News at Michigan State University (Rep. Rogers (MI) - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 90 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Campus Safety Awareness Month (Rep. Sestak - Education and Labor)
- S.Con.Res. 41 - A concurrent resolution providing for the acceptance of a statue of Helen Keller, presented by the people of Alabama (Sen. Sessions - House Administration)
- H.Res. 692 - Supporting the goals and ideals of Tay-Sachs Awareness Month (Rep. Arcuri - Energy and Commerce)
- H.Res. 314 - Honoring and saluting Hillerich & Bradsby Co. on the 125th anniversary of the Louisville Slugger (Rep. Yarmuth - Energy and Commerce)
- S. 1289 - Foreign Evidence Request Efficiency Act of 2009 (Sen. Whitehouse - Judiciary)
- H.R. 1727 - Managing Arson Through Criminal History Act of 2009 (Rep. Bono Mack - Judiciary)
- H.Res. 757 - Supporting the goals and ideals of a National Day of Remembrance for Homicide Victims (Rep. Edwards (MD) - Judiciary)
- H.R. 1333 - Exempts the transportation, shipment, receipt, or importation of explosive materials for delivery to a federally recognized Indian tribe or an agency of such a tribe from various Federal criminal prohibitions relating to explosives (Rep. Grijalva - Judiciary)
- H.Res. 739 - Honoring the life and achievements of Dr. Norman E. Borlaug for his many contributions to alleviating world hunger (Rep. Boswell - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Con.Res. 151 - Expressing the sense of Congress that China release democratic activist Liu Xiaobo from imprisonment (Rep. Minnick - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Con.Res. 51 - Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Antarctic Treaty (Rep. Tiberi - Foreign Affairs)
- S. 1707 - Authorizing appropriations for fiscal years 2010 through 2014 to promote an enhanced strategic partnership with Pakistan and its people (Sen. Kerry/Rep. Berman – Foreign Affairs)
Conference Report on H.R. 3183 - Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 (Rep. Pastor – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.