MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2007
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (13 bills):
1) H.R. 1473 – Anthony DeJuan Boatwright Act (Rep. Barrow – Education and Labor)
2) H.J.Res. 58 – Expressing support for designation of the month of October 2007 as "Country Music Month" and to honor country music for its long history of supporting America's armed forces and its tremendous impact on national patriotism (Rep. Poe – Education and Labor)
3) H.Con.Res. 234 - Calling on the Government of the People's Republic of China to respect the human rights of refugees from North Korea (Rep. Royce - Foreign Affairs)
4) H.Res. 573 - Recognizing and commending the efforts of the United States public and advocacy groups to raise awareness about and help end the worsening humanitarian crisis and genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and for other purposes, (Rep. Moran (VA) – Foreign Affairs)
5) H.Res. 726 - Calling on the President of the United States and the international community to take immediate steps to respond to and prevent acts of rape and sexual violence against women and girls in Darfur, Sudan, eastern Chad and the Central African Republic (Rep. DeLauro – Foreign Affairs)
6) H.Res. 740 - Condemning in the strongest terms the attacks on African Union peacekeepers that occurred in Haskanita, Darfur, Sudan, on September 29, 2007 (Rep. Jackson Lee – Foreign Affairs)
7) H.Res. 747 - Recognizing the religious and historical significance of the festival of Diwali (Rep. Wilson (SC) – Foreign Affairs)
8) H.Con.Res. 230 - Supporting the observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and for other purposes (Rep. Brown-Waite – Energy and Commerce)
9) H.R. 3224 – Dam Rehabilitation and Repair Act of 2007 (Rep. Salazar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
10) H.R. 3247 – Hurricanes Katrina and Rita Recovery Facilitation Act of 2007 (Rep. Norton – Transportation and Infrastructure)
11) H.R. 2671 – To designate the United States courthouse located at 301 North Miami Avenue, Miami, Florida, as the "C. Clyde Atkins United States Courthouse" (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Transportation and Infrastructure)
12) H.R. 2728 – To designate the station of the United States Border Patrol located at 25762 Madison Avenue in Murrieta, California, as the "Theodore L. Newton, Jr. and George F. Azrak Border Patrol Station" (Rep. Issa – Transportation and Infrastructure)
13) H.R. 3877 – To require the Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology to establish an initiative to promote the research, development, and demonstration of miner tracking and communications systems and to promote the establishment of standards regarding underground communications to protect miners in the United States (Rep. Matheson – Science and Technology)
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30, 2007, AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour debate and 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (5 bills):
1) H.R. 2787 - CJ's Home Protection Act of 2007 (Rep. Ellsworth – Financial Services)
2) H.R. 1236 - To make permanent the authority of the United States Postal Service to issue a special postage stamp to support breast cancer research (Rep. Clay – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.Res. 759 – Recognizing the 40th Anniversary of the Mass Movement for Soviet Jewish Freedom and the 20th Anniversary of the Freedom Sunday Rally for Soviet Jewry on the Mall in Washington, D.C. (Rep. Waxman – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.R. 3307 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 570 Broadway in Bayonne, New Jersey, as the "Dennis P. Collins Post Office Building" (Rep. Sires – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 3446 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 202 East Michigan Avenue in Marshall, Michigan, as the "Michael W. Schragg Post Office Building" (Rep. Walberg – Oversight and Government Reform)
H.R. 3867 - Small Business Contracting Program Improvements Act (Rep. Velazquez – Small Business) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2262 – Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2007 (Rep. Rahall – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3920 - Trade and Globalization Assistance Act of 2007 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.