MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2007 – COLUMBUS DAY
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2007 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. morning hour and at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (19 bills):
1) H.R. 1124 - To extend the District of Columbia College Access Act of 1999 (Rep. Davis (VA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.R. 3308 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 216 East Main Street in Atwood, Indiana, as the "Lance Corporal David K. Fribley Post Office" (Rep. Souder – Oversight Government Reform)
3) H.R. 3518 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1430 South Highway 29 in Cantonment, Florida, as the "Charles H. Hendix Post Office Building" (Rep. Jeff Miller – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.R. 3530 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1400 Highway 41 North in Inverness, Florida, as the "Chief Warrant Officer Aaron Weaver Post Office Building" (Rep. Brown-Waite – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.Res. 588 - Recognizing Martha Coffin Wright on the 200th anniversary of her birth and her induction into the National Women's Hall of Fame (Rep. Arcuri – Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.Res. 630 – Congratulating the Warner Robins Little League Baseball Team from Warner Robins, Georgia, on winning the 2007 Little League World Series Championship (Rep. Marshall – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.Res. 687 – Recognizing Reverend Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C., for his contributions to the civil rights movement in America, his tireless work to reduce the threat of nuclear conflict, and for seeking the peaceful resolution of international conflict (Rep. Donnelly – Oversight and Government Reform)
8) H.Res. 697 - Commending Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre for establishing a National Football League record for most career touchdown passes, and for other purposes (Rep. Kagen – Oversight and Government Reform)
9) H.Res. 654 – Congratulating the Phoenix Mercury for winning the 2007 Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Championship (Rep. Pastor – Oversight and Government Reform)
10) H.R. 814 – Children's Gasoline Burn Prevention Act (Rep. Dennis Moore – Energy and Commerce)
11) H.R. 1699 – Danny Keysar Child Product Safety Notification Act (Rep. Schakowsky – Energy and Commerce)
12) H.R. 2474 – To provide for an increased maximum civil penalty for violations under the Consumer Product Safety Act (Rep. Rush – Energy and Commerce)
13) H.R. 1721 - Pool and Spa Safety Act (Rep. Wasserman Schultz – Energy and Commerce)
14) H.R. 2553 – Public Diplomacy Resource Centers Act of 2007 (Rep. Watson – Foreign Affairs)
15) H.R. 2185 – To amend the Tropical Forest Conservation Act of 1998 to provide debt relief to developing countries that take action to protect forests and coral reefs and associated coastal marine ecosystems, to reauthorize such Act through fiscal year 2010, and for other purposes (Rep. Kirk – Foreign Affairs)
16) H.Res. 405 – Expressing the strong support of the House of Representatives for implementation of the July 8, 2006, United Nations-brokered agreement between President of the Republic of Cyprus Tassos Papadopoulos and Turkish Cypriot leader Mehmet Ali Talat relating to the reunification of Cyprus (Rep. Bilirakis – Foreign Affairs)
17) H.Res. 651 – Recognizing the warm friendship and expanding strategic relationship between the United States and Brazil, commending Brazil on successfully reducing its dependence on oil by finding alternative ways to satisfy its energy needs, and recognizing the importance of the March 9, 2007, United States-Brazil Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on biofuels cooperation (Rep. Engel – Foreign Affairs)
18) H.Res. 32 – Denouncing the practices of female genital mutilation, domestic violence, "honor" killings, acid burning, dowry deaths, and other gender-based persecutions and expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that participation, protection, recognition, and independence of women is crucial to achieving a just, moral, and honorable society (Rep. Jackson Lee – Foreign Affairs)
19) H.R. 400 - War Profiteering Prevention Act of 2007 (Rep. Abercrombie – Judiciary)
H.R. 2895 - National Affordable Housing Trust Fund Act of 2007 (Rep. Frank – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3056 Tax Collection Responsibility Act of 2007 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2095 - Federal Railroad Safety Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.