MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
On Monday, the House will not be in session.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2009
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (8 Bills)
1. H.Res. 741 - Expressing support for designation of October 8, 2009, as national Jumpstart's "Read for the Record Day" (Rep. Markey (CO) - Education and Labor)
2. H.Res. 167 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives supporting the goals and ideals of Campus Fire Safety Month (Rep. Pascrell - Education and Labor)
3. H.Res. 707 - Expressing support for designation of the week of September 13, 2009, as Adult Education and Family Literacy Week (Rep. Polis - Education and Labor)
4. H.Res. 650 - Recognizing that country music has made a tremendous contribution to American life and culture and declaring country music to be a uniquely American art form (Rep. Stearns - Education and Labor)
5. H.Res. 795 - Honoring the people of Shanksville, Pennsylvania, and the Flight 93 Ambassadors for their efforts in creating the Flight 93 temporary memorial and encouraging the completion of the National Park Service Flight 93 National Memorial by the 10th anniversary of September 11, 2001 (Rep. Shuster - Natural Resources)
6. H.Res. 701 - To recognize the Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve as a unique and precious ecosystem (Rep. Moran (VA) - Natural Resources)
7. H.Res. 710 - Supporting the goals and ideals of "National Estuaries Day" (Rep. Castor - Natural Resources)
8. H.Res. 567 - Congratulating the University of California, Irvine's men's volleyball team for winning the 2009 national championship (Rep. Campbell - Education and Labor)
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (7 Bills)
1. H.R. 3590 - Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 (Rep. Rangel - Ways and Means)
2. H.R. 1016 - Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act of 2009 (Rep. Filner - Veterans' Affairs)
3. S. 1717 - To authorize major medical facility leases for the Department of Veterans Affairs for fiscal year 2010 (Sen. Akaka - Veterans' Affairs)
4. H.R. 3547 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 936 South 250 East in Provo, Utah, as the "Rex E. Lee Post Office Building" (Rep. Chaffetz - Oversight and Government Reform)
5. H.R. 2174 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 18 Main Street in Howland, Maine, as the "Clyde Hichborn Post Office" (Rep. Michaud - Oversight and Government Reform)
6. H.R. 2092 - Kingman and Heritage Islands Act of 2009 (Rep. Norton - Oversight and Government Reform)
7. S.J.Res. 12 - A joint resolution proclaiming Casimir Pulaski to be an honorary citizen of the United States posthumously (Sen. Durbin - Judiciary)
Conference Report on H.R. 2997 - Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 (Rep. DeLauro – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2442 - Bay Area Regional Water Recycling Program Expansion Act of 2009 (Rep. George Miller – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of the Conference Report on H.R. 2892 - Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010 (Rep. Price (NC) – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of the Conference Report on H.R. 2647 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (Rep. Skelton – Armed Services) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.