MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2007
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (13 bills):
1) H.R. 1567 - To amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to provide increased assistance for the prevention, treatment, and control of tuberculosis, and for other purposes (Rep. Engel – Foreign Affairs)
2) H.R. 2949 - Eurasia Foundation Act (Rep. Wexler – Foreign Affairs)
3) H.Res. ___ - Welcoming French President Nicola Sarkozy to the United States (Rep. Poe - Foreign Affairs)
4) H.Res. 435 - Expressing concern relating to the threatening behavior of the Iranian regime and its leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the activities of terrorist organizations sponsored by that regime in Latin America (Rep. Klein – Foreign Affairs)
5) H.Con.Res. 236 - Recognizing the close relationship between the United States and the Republic of San Marino (Rep. Dreier – Foreign Affairs)
6) H.Res. 550 - Congratulating the people of Ethiopia on the second millennium of Ethiopia, and for other purposes (Rep. Honda – Foreign Affairs)
7) H.R. 513 - National Heroes Credit Protection Act (Rep. Brady – Veterans’ Affairs)
8) H.Res. 770 - Expressing support for designation of a National Veterans History Project Week to encourage public participation in a nationwide project that collects and preserves the stories of the men and women who served our nation in times of war and conflict (Rep. Porter – Veterans’ Affairs)
9) H.Con.Res. 60 - Expressing support for the goals of Veterans Educate Today's Students (VETS) Day, and for other purposes (Rep. Pallone – Veterans’ Affairs)
10) H.Res. 744 - Recognizing the contributions of Native American veterans and calling upon the President to issue a proclamation urging the people of the United States to observe a day in honor of Native American veterans (Rep. Wilson (NM) – Veterans’ Affairs)
11) H.R. 797 - Dr. James Allen Veteran Vision Equity Act (Rep. Baldwin – Veterans’ Affairs)
12) S.J.Res. 7 - A joint resolution providing for the reappointment of Roger W. Sant as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution (Sen. Leahy / Rep. Becerra – House Administration)
13) S. 2206 - A bill to provide technical corrections to Public Law 109-116 to extend the time period for the Joint Committee on the Library to enter into an agreement to obtain a statue of Rosa Parks, and for other purposes (Sen. Feinstein – House Administration)
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2007
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour debate and 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (7 bills):
1) H.Con.Res. 162 - Expressing the sense of Congress that Congress and the President should increase basic pay for members of the Armed Forces (Rep. Patrick Murphy – Armed Services)
2) H.R. 3997 - The "Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2007" (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
3) H.Res. 787 - Expressing the support and sympathy of the House of Representatives and the people of the United States for the victims of the tragic fire that occurred in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, on October 28, 2007 (Rep. Clyburn – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.Res. 728 – Expressing the support and sympathy of the House of Representatives and the people of the United States for the victims of the devastating flooding that occurred across many parts of Ohio in August 2007 and commending the communities, volunteer organizations, churches and emergency response agencies for their continuing work to restore the affected areas across the state (Rep. Jordan – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.Res. 782 - Expressing the sense of the House with respect to the Boston Red Sox victory in the 2007 Major League Baseball World Series (Rep. Capuano – Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.R. 1119 – Purple Heart Family Equity Act of 2007 (Rep. Susan Davis – Judiciary)
7) H.R. 2884 - Kendell Frederick Citizenship Assistance Act (Rep. Cummings – Judiciary)
Conference Report on H.R. 3043 - 2008 Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Small Business Contracting Program Improvements Act (Rep. Obey – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
Vote on Overriding the President’s Veto of H.R. 1495 Water Resources Development Act of 2007
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2007, AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. and recess immediately. The House will then reconvene at approximately 10:45 a.m. in a Joint Meeting with the Senate to receive His Excellency, Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic. On Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 3688 - United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act (Rep. Hoyer – Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3355 - Homeowners' Defense Act of 2007 (Reps. Klein / Mahoney – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3996 - Temporary Tax Relief Act of 2007 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.