MONDAY, MAY 18, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (9 Bills)
1) H.Res. 448 - Congratulating the University of California, Davis, for a century as a premier public research university and one of our Nation's finest institutions of higher education (Rep. Thompson (CA) – Education and Labor)
2) H.Res. 386 - Commending the University of Georgia Gymnastics Team for winning the 2009 NCAA National Championship (Rep. Broun – Education and Labor)
3) H.Res. 300 - Congratulating Camp Dudley YMCA of Westport, New York, on the occasion of its 125th anniversary (Rep. McHugh – Education and Labor)
4) H.Res. 297 - Recognizing May 25, 2009, as National Missing Children's Day (Rep. Biggert – Education and Labor)
5) H.Res. 347 - Congratulating Averett University in Danville, Virginia, for 150 years of service and leadership to the United States (Rep. Perriello – Education and Labor)
6) H.Res. 442 - Recognizing the importance of the Child and Adult Care Food Program and its positive effect on the lives of low income children and families (Rep. George Miller – Education and Labor)
7) H.Res. 374 - Recognizing the roles and contributions of America's teachers to building and enhancing our Nation's civic, cultural, and economic well-being (Rep. Graves – Education and Labor)
8) H.Res. 438 - Expressing support for designation of September as "National Child Awareness Month" (Rep. Loretta Sanchez – Education and Labor)
9) S. 386 - Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009, as amended (Sen. Leahy – Judiciary)
TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (9 Bills)
1) H.R. 2182 - Enhanced Oversight of State and Local Economic Recovery Act (Rep. Towns – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.R. 466 - Wounded Veteran Job Security Act (Rep. Doggett – Veterans’ Affairs)
3) H.R. 1170 - To amend chapter 21 of title 38, United States Code, to establish a grant program to encourage the development of new assistive technologies for specially adapted housing (Rep. Boozman – Veterans’ Affairs)
4) H.R. 1088 - Mandatory Veteran Specialist Training Act of 2009 (Rep. Herseth Sandlin – Veterans’ Affairs)
5) H.R. 1089 - Veterans Employment Rights Realignment Act of 2009 (Rep. Herseth Sandlin – Veterans’ Affairs)
6) H.Res. 360 - Urging all Americans and people of all nationalities to visit the national cemeteries, memorials, and markers on Memorial Day (Rep. Roe – Veterans’ Affairs)
7) H.Con.Res. 120 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Women's Health Week (Rep. Hinchey – Energy and Commerce)
8) H.R. 1676 - PACT Act (Rep. Weiner – Judiciary)
9) H.Res. 426 - Honoring police officers and law enforcement professionals during Police Week (Rep. McNerney – Judiciary)
House Amendment to S. 896 - Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 (Sen. Dodd – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2352 - Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act of 2009 (Rep. Shuler – Small Business) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 915 - FAA Reauthorization Act of 2009 (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2200 - Transportation Security Administration Authorization Act of 2009 (Rep. Jackson-Lee – Homeland Security) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.