Legislative Program - 51600 | Floor Information - 57400 | Whip Information - 63210
MONDAY, MAY 11, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet in Pro Forma session at 2:00 p.m.
TUESDAY, MAY 12, 2009
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and
2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (14 Bills)
1) H.Res. 413 - Supporting the goals and ideals of "IEEE Engineering the Future" Day on May 13, 2009 (Rep. Stearns – Science and Technology)
2) H.Res. 387 – Supporting the goals and ideals of National Hurricane Preparedness Week (Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart – Science and Technology)
3) H.R. 2020 - Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Act of 2009 (Rep. Gordon – Science and Technology)
4) H.Res. 192 - Recognizing National Nurses Week on May 6 through May 12, 2009 (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson – Energy and Commerce)
5) H.Res. 204 - Congratulating the American Dental Association for its 150th year of working to improve the public's oral health and promoting dentistry, supporting initiatives to improve access to oral health care services for all Americans, and emphasizing the benefits of prevention of disease through support of community prevention initiatives and promotion of good oral hygiene (Rep. Simpson – Energy and Commerce)
6) H.R. 23 - Belated Thank You to the Merchant Mariners of World War II Act of 2009 (Rep. Filner – Veterans’ Affairs)
7) H.R. 1178 - To direct the Comptroller General of the United States to conduct a study on the use of Civil Air Patrol personnel and resources to support homeland security missions, and for other purposes (Rep. Dent – Transportation and Infrastructure)
8) H.Res. 405 - Commending the heroic efforts of the people fighting the floods in North Dakota (Rep. Pomeroy – Transportation and Infrastructure)
9) H.Con.Res. 84 – Supporting the goals and objectives of a National Military Appreciation Month (Rep. Wamp – Oversight and Government Reform)
10) H.Res. 370 – Expressing support for designation of April 27, 2009, as "National Healthy Schools Day" (Rep. Tonko – Oversight and Government Reform)
11) H.Res. 388 – Celebrating the role of mothers in the United States and supporting the goals and ideals of Mother's Day (Rep. Fortenberry – Oversight and Government Reform)
12) H.R. 2162 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 123 11th Avenue South in Nampa, Idaho, as the "Herbert A Littleton Postal Station" (Rep. Minnick – Oversight and Government Reform)
13) H.Res. 378 - Recognizing the 30th anniversary of the election of Margaret Thatcher as the first female Prime Minister of Great Britain (Rep. Poe – Foreign Affairs)
14) H.Res. 171 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives on the need for constitutional reform in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the importance of sustained United States engagement in partnership with the European Union (EU) (Rep. Berman – Foreign Affairs)
Dispose of H.Res. __ - Raising a question of privileges of the House (Rep. Flake – Privileged Resolution)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (4 Bills)
1) H.R. 1209 – Medal of Honor Commemorative Coin Act of 2009 (Rep. Carney – Financial Services)
2) H.R. 347 - To grant the congressional gold medal, collectively, to the 100th Infantry Battalion and the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, United States Army, in recognition of their dedicated service during World War II (Rep. Schiff – Financial Services)
3) H.Res. 377 - Recognizing Armed Forces Day and the exemplary service of the members of the United States Armed Forces (Rep. Calvert – Armed Services)
4) H.R. 2101 - Weapons Acquisition System Reform Through Enhancing Technical Knowledge and Oversight Act of 2009 (Rep. Skelton – Armed Services)
H.R. 2187 - 21st Century Green High-Performing Public School Facilities Act (Rep. Chandler - Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. __ - Fiscal Year 2009 Supplemental Appropriations Bill (Rep. Obey – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.