MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (16 Bills)
1) Senate Amendments to H.R. 1388 - Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act (Rep. McCarthy (NY) – Education and Labor)
2) H.R. __ - Making technical corrections and conforming changes to the Higher Education Act (Rep. George Miller – Education and Labor)
3) H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (Rep. Boozman – Veterans’ Affairs)
4) H.R. 1377 – To amend title 38, United States Code, to expand veteran eligibility for reimbursement by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for emergency treatment furnished in a non-Department facility (Rep. Filner - Veterans’ Affairs)
5) H.R. 1513 - Veterans' Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2009 (Rep. Kirkpatrick – Veterans’ Affairs)
6) H.Res. 223 - Honoring the life, achievements, and contributions of Paul Harvey, affectionately known for his signature line, "This is Paul Harvey…Good Day” (Rep. Sullivan – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.Res. 282 - Recognizing the 30th anniversary of the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel (Rep. Fortenberry – Foreign Affairs)
8) H.Res. 152 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States remains committed to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) (Rep. Tanner – Foreign Affairs)
9) H.R. 1246 - Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Act of 2009 (Rep. Capps – Energy and Commerce)
10) H.R. 756 - National Pain Care Policy Act of 2009 (Rep. Capps - Energy
11) H.R. 20 - Melanie Blocker Stokes Mom's Opportunity to Access Health, Education, Research, and Support for Postpartum Depression Act (Rep. Rush – Energy and Commerce)
12) H.R. 479 - Wakefield Act (Rep. Matheson – Energy and Commerce)
13) H.R. 1253 - Health Insurance Restrictions and Limitations Clarification Act of 2009 (Rep. Burgess - Energy and Commerce)
14) H.R. 1259 - Dextromethorphan Distribution Act of 2009 (Rep. Upton – Energy and Commerce)
15) H.Con.Res. 60 - Supporting the observance of Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month (Rep. Granger – Energy and Commerce)
16) H.R. 577 - Vision Care for Kids Act of 2009 (Rep. Gene Green – Energy
Dispose of H.Res. __ - Raising a question of privileges of the House (Rep. Flake – Privileged Resolution)
TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (7 Bills)
1) H.Res. 290 - Honoring the lives and mourning the loss of Sergeant Mark Dunakin, Sergeant Ervin Romans, Sergeant Daniel Sakai, and Officer John Hege, Members of the Oakland Police Department in California who were brutally slain in the line of duty (Rep. Lee (CA) – Judiciary)
2) H.R. 985 - Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 (Rep. Boucher – Judiciary)
3) H.R. 1029 – Alien Smuggling and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2009 (Rep. Hill – Judiciary)
4) H.R. 838 - Miami Dade College Land Conveyance Act (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Judiciary)
5) H.Con.Res. 54 - Permitting the use of the Rotunda of the Capitol for a ceremony as part of the commemoration of the days of remembrance of victims of the Holocaust (Rep. Waxman – House Administration)
6) H.R. 151 - Daniel Webster Congressional Clerkship Act of 2009 (Rep. Lofgren – House Administration)
7) H.R. 1299 - Capitol Police Administrative Technical Corrections Act of 2009 (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
H.Res. 279 - Providing for the expenses of certain committees of the House of Representatives in the One Hundred Eleventh Congress. (Rep. Brady – House Administration) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 1664 – To amend the executive compensation provisions of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 to prohibit unreasonable and excessive compensation and compensation not based on performance standards (Reps. Grayson/Himes – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.Con.Res. __ - The Concurrent Resolution on the Budget for FY 2010 (Rep. Spratt – Budget) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.