MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2010
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 Bills)
1) H.Res. 1145 - Recognizing the University of Arizona's 125 years of dedication to excellence in higher education (Rep. Giffords - Education and Labor)
2) H.Res. 1170 - Congratulating the winners of the Voice of Democracy national scholarship program (Rep. Hunter - Education and Labor)
3) H.Res. 1163 - Recognizing Washington State University Honors College for 50 years of excellence (Rep. McMorris Rodgers - Education and Labor)
4) H.R. 2377 - To direct the Secretary of Education to establish and administer an awards program recognizing excellence exhibited by public school system employees providing services to students in pre-kindergarten through higher education (Rep. Titus - Education and Labor)
5) H.R. 4628 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 216 Westwood Avenue in Westwood, New Jersey, as the "Sergeant Christopher R. Hrbek Post Office Building" (Rep. Garrett - Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.Res. 267 - Recognizing the cultural and historical significance of Nowruz, expressing appreciation to Iranian-Americans for their contributions to society, and wishing Iranian-Americans and the people of Iran a prosperous new year (Rep. Honda - Oversight and Government Reform)
TUESDAY, MARCH 16, 2010 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (18 Bills)
1) H.Res. 311 - Expressing the support of the House of Representatives for the goals and ideals of Red Cross Month (Rep. Watson - Foreign Affairs)
2) H.Res. 605 - Recognizing the continued persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China on the 10th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party campaign to suppress the Falun Gong spiritual movement and calling for an immediate end to the campaign to persecute, intimidate, imprison, and torture Falun Gong practitioners (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
3) H.Res. 1128 - Thanking Vancouver for hosting the world during the 2010 Winter Olympics and honoring the athletes from Team USA (Rep. Davis (CA) - Foreign Affairs)
4) H.Res. 1089 - Recognizing the 150th anniversary of Augustana College (Rep. Hare - Education and Labor)
5) H.Res. 1167 - Expressing the support of the House of Representatives for the goals and ideals of Professional Social Work Month and World Social Work Day (Rep. Shea-Porter - Education and Labor)
6) H.R. 4252 - Inland Empire Perchlorate Ground Water Plume Assessment Act of 2009 (Rep. Baca - Natural Resources)
7) H.R. 2788 - Distinguished Flying Cross National Memorial Act (Rep. Calvert - Natural Resources)
8) H.R. 4003 - Hudson River Valley Special Resource Study Act (Rep. Hinchey - Natural Resources)
9) H.R. 3671 - Upper Mississippi River Basin Protection Act (Rep. Kind - Natural Resources)
10) H.R. 4192 - Stornetta Public Lands Outstanding Natural Area Act of 2009 (Rep. Thompson (CA) - Natural Resources)
11) H.R. 1769 - Alpine Lakes Wilderness Additions and Pratt and Middle Fork Snoqualmie Rivers Protection Act (Rep. Reichert - Natural Resources)
12) H.R. 4395 - To revise the boundaries of the Gettysburg National Military Park to include the Gettysburg Train Station (Rep. Platts - Natural Resources)
13) H.R. 4825 - To require any amounts remaining in a Member's Representational Allowance at the end of a fiscal year to be deposited in the Treasury and used for deficit reduction or to reduce the Federal debt (Reps. Kirkpatrick/Peters - House Administration)
14) H.R. __ - Directing the Clerk to create a separate section of the congressional record to provide for CBO scores (Rep. Murphy (NY) - House Administration)
15) H.R. 946 - Plain Language Act of 2009 (Rep. Braley - Oversight and Government Reform)
16) H.R. 1320 - Federal Advisory Committee Act Amendments of 2009 (Rep. Clay - Oversight and Government Reform)
17) H.R. 1387 - Electronic Message Preservation Act (Rep. Hodes - Oversight and Government Reform)
18) H.R. 4214 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 45300 Portola Avenue in Palm Desert, California, as the "Roy Wilson Post Office" (Rep. Bono Mack - Oversight and Government Reform)
Possible Action on H.R. 1586 - FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule)
Further Action on Jobs Legislation
Further Action on Health Insurance Reform Legislation
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.