Legislative Program - 51600 | Floor Information - 57400 | Whip Information - 63210
MONDAY, JUNE 16, 2008
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JUNE 17, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (16 Bills):
1) H.R. 2964 - To amend the Lacey Act Amendments of 1981 to treat nonhuman primates as prohibited wildlife species under that Act, to make corrections in the provisions relating to captive wildlife offenses under that Act, and for other purposes (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX) – Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 1423 - Dorothy Buell Memorial Visitor Center Lease Act (Rep. Visclosky – Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 3702 - Montana Cemetery Act of 2007 (Rep. Rehberg – Natural Resources)
4) H.Res. 1247 - Supporting the goals and ideals of "American Eagle Day", and celebrating the recovery and restoration of the American bald eagle, the national symbol of the United States (Rep. David Davis (TN) – Natural Resources)
5) H.Res. 1199 - Commending the Orange County Water District and its employees for their sound financial management and innovative groundwater management, water quality, water efficiency, and environmental programs, on its 75th anniversary (Rep. Loretta Sanchez – Natural Resources)
6) H.R. 5710 - Eastern New Mexico Rural Water System Authorization Act (Rep. Udall (NM) – Natural Resources)
7) H.R. 5511 - Leadville Mine Drainage Tunnel Remediation Act of 2008 (Rep. Lamborn – Natural Resources)
8) S. 188 - A bill to revise the short title of the Fannie Lou Hamer, Rosa Parks, and Coretta Scott King Voting Rights Act Reauthorization and Amendments Act of 2006 (Sen. Salazar – Judiciary)
9) S. 1692 - A bill to grant a Federal charter to Korean War Veterans Association (Sen. Cardin – Judiciary)
10) H.Res. 31 - Recognizing the Honorable Andrew L. Jefferson, Jr., on the occasion of the establishment of an endowment for trial advocacy called the "Andrew L. Jefferson Endowment for Trial Advocacy" at Texas Southern University's Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, Texas (Rep. Jackson–Lee – Judiciary)
11) H.Res. 1002 - Expressing support for designation of April 2008 as "Public Radio Recognition Month". (Rep. Blumenauer – Oversight and Government Reform)
12) H.Res. 1219 - Celebrating the symbol of the United States flag and supporting the goals and ideals of Flag Day (Rep. Latta– Oversight and Government Reform)
13) H.Res. 1029 - Congratulating and recognizing Mr. Juan Antonio "Chi-Chi" Rodriguez for his continued success on and off of the golf course, for his generosity and devotion to charity, and for his exemplary dedication to the intellectual and moral growth of thousands of low-income and disadvantaged youth in our country (Rep. Gutierrez – Oversight and Government Reform)
14) H.R. 6150 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14500 Lorain Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio, as the "John P. Gallagher Post Office Building". (Rep. Kucinich – Oversight and Government Reform)
15) H.R. 6085 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 42222 Rancho Las Palmas Drive in Rancho Mirage, California, as the "Gerald R. Ford Post Office Building". (Rep. Bono Mack – Oversight and Government Reform)
16) H.Res. 1237 - Recognizing the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day, and expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that history should be regarded as a means for understanding the past and more effectively facing the challenges of the future (Rep. Davis (IL) – Oversight and Government Reform)
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 18, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (10 Bills):
1) H.R. 4179 - FAST Redress Act of 2007 (Rep. Clarke – Homeland Security)
2) H.R. 5982 - The Biometric Enhancement for Airport-Risk Reduction Act of 2008 (Rep. Thompson (MS) – Homeland Security)
3) H.R. 5909 - Catching Operational Vulnerabilities by Ensuring Random Testing Act of 2008 (Rep. Lowey – Homeland Security)
4) H.Res. 1150 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the Transportation Security Administration should, in accordance with the congressional mandate provided for in the Implementing Recommendations of the 9/11 Commission Act of 2007, enhance security against terrorist attack and other security threats to our Nation's rail and mass transit lines. (Rep. Jackson-Lee - Homeland Security)
5) H.R. 4749 - National Bombing Prevention Act of 2007 (Rep. King (NY) – Homeland Security)
6) H.R. 1333 - The Civil Air Patrol Homeland Security Support Act (Rep. Dent – Homeland Security)
7) H.R. 2631 - Nuclear Forensics and Attribution Act (Rep. Schiff – Homeland Security)
8) H.Res. 1230 - Condemning post election violence in Zimbabwe and calling for a peaceful resolution to the current political crisis (Rep. Payne – Foreign Affairs).
9) H.Con.Res. 350 - Expressing the sense of the Congress that the United States, through the International Whaling Commission, should use all appropriate measures to end commercial whaling in all of its forms, including scientific and other special permit whaling, coastal whaling, and community-based whaling, and seek to strengthen the conservation and management measures to facilitate the conservation of whale species, and for other purposes (Rep. Rahall – Foreign Affairs)
10) H.Res. 1270 - Commending the efforts of those who sought to block an international arms transfer destined for Zimbabwe, where the government has unleashed a campaign of violence and intimidation against members of the political opposition, and for other purposes (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen– Foreign Affairs)
H.R. 6063 - National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2008 (Rep. Udall (CO) – Science) (Complete Consideration)
Pending Amendment Votes:
· Lampson Amendment
· Hodes Amendment
H.R. 5781 - Federal Employees Paid Parental Leave Act of 2008 (Rep. Maloney – Government and Oversight Reform) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5876 - Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2008 (Rep. George Miller - Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of H.R. 2642 - Iraq/Afghanistan Supplemental Appropriations bill (Rep. Obey - Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.