MONDAY, JULY 7, 2008
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JULY 8, 2008
The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (12 Bills):
1) H.R. 5741 - To amend the High Seas Driftnet Fishing Moratorium Protection Act and the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to improve the conservation of sharks (Rep. Bordallo - Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 3981 - To authorize the Preserve America Program and Save America's Treasures Program, and for other purposes (Rep. Miller (NC) - Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 1423 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to lease a portion of a visitor center to be constructed outside the boundary of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore in Porter County, Indiana, and for other purposes (Rep. Visclosky - Natural Resources)
4) H.R. 4199 - To amend the Dayton Aviation Heritage Preservation Act of 1992 to add sites to the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, and for other purposes (Rep. Turner – Natural Resources)
5) H.R. 802 - Maritime Pollution Prevention Act of 2008 (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
6) H.R. 3564 - Regulatory Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Cannon - Judiciary)
7) H.Con.Res. 381 - Honoring and recognizing the dedication and achievements of Thurgood Marshall on the 100th anniversary of his birth (Rep. Payne - Judiciary)
8) H.Res. 1182 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that American flags flown on Federal Government buildings and on Federal property be made in the United States (Rep. Filner – Judiciary)
9) H.Con.Res. 369 - Honoring the men and women of the Drug Enforcement Administration on the occasion of its 35th anniversary (Rep. Souder – Judiciary)
10) H.R. 5975 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 West Main Street in Waterville, New York, as the "Cpl. John P. Sigsbee Post Office" (Rep. Arcuri – Oversight and Government Reform)
11) H.R. 6061 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 219 East Main Street in West Frankfort, Illinois, as the "Kenneth James Gray Post Office Building" (Rep. Costello – Oversight and Government Reform)
12) H.R. 6092 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 Tallapoosa Street in Bremen, Georgia, as the "Sergeant Paul Saylor Post Office Building" (Rep. Gingrey – Oversight and Government Reform)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 9, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (12 Bills):
1) H.R. 6382 - Pension Protection Technical Corrections Act of 2008 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
2) H.Con.Res. 375 - To honor the goal of the International Year of Astronomy, and for other purposes (Rep. Giffords – Science and Technology)
3) H.Res. 1313 - Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first American woman in space, Dr. Sally K. Ride, and honoring her contributions to the space program and to science education (Rep. Lampson – Science and Technology)
4) H.R. 4174 - The Federal Ocean Acidification Research and Monitoring Act of 2007 (Rep. Allen (ME) – Science and Technology)
5) H.Res. 1312 - Commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Space Foundation (Rep. Lamborn – Science and Technology)
6) H.Res. 1315 - Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Rep. McCaul – Science and Technology)
7) H.R. 6216 - Asset Management Improvement Act (Rep. Sires – Financial Services)
8) H.R. 3329 - Homes for Heroes Act (Rep. Al Green (TX) – Financial Services)
9) H.R. 6184 - America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act (Rep. Castle – Financial Services)
10) H.R. 4461 - Community Building Code Amendment Grant Act (Rep. Moore (KS) – Financial Services)
11) H.R. 3397 - Lead-Safe Housing for Kids (Rep. Ellison – Financial Services)
12) H.R. 4049 - Money Services Business Act (Rep. Maloney – Financial Services)
H.R. 5811 – Electronic Message Preservation Act (Rep. Waxman – Oversight and Government Reform) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 415 - To amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate segments of the Taunton River in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers (Rep. Frank – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 1286 - Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route National Historic Trail Designation Act (Rep. Hinchey – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of Appropriations bills
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.