MONDAY, January 21, 2008 – – Martin luther king, JR., HOLIday
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (7 bills):
1) H.R. 3988 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3701 Altamesa Boulevard in Fort Worth, Texas, as the “Master Sergeant Kenneth N. Mack Post Office Building” (Rep. Granger - Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.R. 4211 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 725 Roanoke Avenue in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, as the “Judge Richard B. Allsbrook Post Office” (Rep. Butterfield - Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.R. 3720 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 424 Clay Avenue in Waco, Texas, as the "Army PFC Juan Alonso Covarrubias Post Office Building" (Rep. Edwards – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.Con.Res. 198 - Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States has a moral responsibility to meet the needs of those persons, groups and communities that are impoverished, disadvantaged or otherwise in poverty (Rep. Lee – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 409 – To amend title 23, United States Code, to inspect highway tunnels (Rep. Capuano – Transportation and Infrastructure)
6) H.Res. 772 - Recognizing the American Highway Users Alliance on the occasion of its 75th anniversary, and for other purposes (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
7) H.Res. 866 - Honoring the brave men and women of the United States Coast Guard whose tireless work, dedication, and commitment to protecting the United States have led to the Coast Guard seizing over 350,000 pounds of cocaine at sea during 2007, far surpassing all of our previous records (Rep. Coble – Transportation and Infrastructure)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Thursday and Friday, the House is not in session.
Suspensions (9 bills):
1) H.R. 3873 - Section 515 Rural Housing Property Transfer Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Hodes - Financial Services)
2) H.R. 3959 - To amend the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968 to provide for the phase-in of actuarial rates for certain pre-FIRM properties (Rep. Garrett - Financial Services)
3) H.Res. 916 – Honoring the contributions of Catholic schools (Rep. Lipinski – Education and Labor)
4) H.Res. 908 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Mentoring Month (Rep. McCollum – Education and Labor)
5) H.Res.___ - Expressing support for designation of the week of February 4 through February 8, 2008 as ‘‘National School Counseling Week’ (Rep. Linda Sanchez – Education and Labor)
6) H.Res. 493 - Congratulating the women's water polo team of the University of California, Los Angeles, for winning the 2007 NCAA Division I Women's Water Polo National Championship, and congratulating UCLA on its 100th NCAA sports national title, making it the most accomplished athletic program in NCAA history (Rep. Lewis (CA) – Education and Labor)
7) H.Res. 852 – Raising awareness and encouraging prevention of stalking by establishing January 2008 as "National Stalking Awareness Month" (Rep. Poe – Judiciary)
8) H.R. 3992 – Mentally Ill Offender Treatment and Crime Reduction Reauthorization and Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Scott (VA) - Judiciary)
9) H.R. 3971 - Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2007 (Rep. Scott (VA) - Judiciary)
Vote on Overriding the President’s Veto of H.R. 3963, the Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.