MONDAY, JANUARY 12, 2009
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JANAUARY 13, 2009
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (4 Bills)
1) H.Res. 41 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Mentoring Month 2009 (Rep. Davis (CA) – Education and Labor)
2) H.Res. __ - Honoring the life of Claiborne Pell, distinguished former Senator from the State of Rhode Island (Rep. George Miller (CA) – Education and Labor)
3) H.Res. __ - Recognizing the efforts of those who serve their communities on Martin Luther King Day and promoting the holiday as a day of national service (Rep. Platts – Education and Labor)
4) H.Res. 15 - Authorizing and directing the Committee on the Judiciary to inquire whether the House should impeach G. Thomas Porteous, a judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (Rep. Conyers – Rules)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no Votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (1 Bill)
1) H.Res. 40 – Amending the Rules of the House of Representatives to require each standing committee to hold periodic hearings on the topic of waste, fraud, abuse, or mismanagement in Government programs which that committee may authorize, and for other purposes (Rep. Tanner – Rules)
H.R. ___ - Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 (Reps. Pallone/Waxman/Dingell – Energy and Commerce) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 384 – TARP Reform and Accountability Act (Rep. Frank – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)