MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (8 Bills)
1) H.R. 44 - Guam World War II Loyalty Recognition Act (Rep. Bordallo – Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 80 - Captive Primate Safety Act (Rep. Blumenauer – Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 714 - Authorizes the Secretary of the Interior to lease certain lands in Virgin Islands National Park, and for other purposes (Rep. Christensen – Natural Resources)
4) H.Res. 132 - Honoring the life and memory of the Chiricahua Apache leader Goyathlay, also known as Geronimo, and recognizing the 100th anniversary of his death on February 17, 2009, as a time of reflection and the commencement of a "Healing" for all Apache people (Rep. Grijalva – Natural Resources)
5) H.R. 601 - Box Elder Utah Land Conveyance Act (Rep. Bishop (UT) – Natural Resources)
6) H.R. 603 - Utah National Guard Readiness Act (Rep. Bishop (UT) – Natural Resources)
7) H.R. 637 - South Orange County Recycled Water Enhancement Act (Rep. Calvert – Natural Resources)
8) H.R. 911 - Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009 (Rep. George Miller (CA) – Education and Labor)
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2009
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House Floor will be cleared at approximately 5:00 p.m. to allow a security sweep of the
House Chamber prior to the President’s address. The House will meet again at approximately 8:35 p.m. in a joint meeting with the Senate for the purpose of receiving an address from the President of the United States.
Suspensions (3 Bills)
1) H.Res. 18 - Recognizes the life, achievements and contributions of Paul Newman (Rep. Cohen – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.Res. 83 - Recognizing the significance of Black History Month (Rep. Al Green – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) S. 234 - Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2105 East Cook Street in Springfield, Illinois, as the “Colonel John H. Wilson, Jr. Post Office Building”. (Sen. Durbin – Oversight and Government Reform)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
H.R. __ - Consolidated Appropriations for Fiscal Year 2009 (Rep. Obey – Appropriations)
Possible Consideration of H.R. __ - Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009 (Rep. Conyers/Frank – Judiciary/Financial Services)