MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2008
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2008
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (14 Bills):
1) H.Res. 954 - Honoring the life of senior Border Patrol agent Luis A. Aguilar, who lost his life in the line of duty near Yuma, Arizona, on January 19, 2008 (Rep. Lofgren – Homeland Security)
2) H.R. 2251 - To extend the Acadia National Park Advisory Commission, to provide improved visitor services at the park, and for other purposes (Rep. Michaud – Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 3332 - To provide for the establishment of a memorial within Kalaupapa National Historical Park located on the island of Molokai, in the State of Hawaii, to honor and perpetuate the memory of those individuals who were forcibly relocated to the Kalaupapa Peninsula from 1866 to 1969, and for other purposes (Rep. Hirono – Natural Resources)
4) H.Res. 868 - Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the declaration of Muir Woods National Monument by President Theodore Roosevelt (Rep. Woolsey – Natural Resources)
5) H.Con.Res. 209 - Expressing the sense of Congress that the Museum of the American Quilter's Society, located in Paducah, Kentucky, should be designated as the "National Quilt Museum of the United States" (Rep. Whitfield – Natural Resources)
6) H.R. 29 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to construct facilities to provide water for irrigation, municipal, domestic, military, and other uses from the Santa Margarita River, California, and for other purposes (Rep. Issa – Natural Resources)
7) H.R. 664 - To amend the Water Desalination Act of 1996 to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to assist in research and development, environmental and feasibility studies, and preliminary engineering for the Municipal Water District of Orange County, California, Dana Point Desalination Project located at Dana Point, California (Rep. Campbell – Natural Resources)
8) H.R. 5270 - To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, and for other purposes. (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
9) H.Res. 909 - Commemorating the courage of the Haitian soldiers that fought for American independence in the "Siege of Savannah" for Haiti's independence and renunciation of slavery (Rep. Meek - Foreign Affairs)
10) H.Res. 960 - A resolution congratulating the National Football League champion New York Giants for winning Super Bowl XLII (Rep. Rothman – Oversight and Government Reform)
11) H.R. 3468 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1704 Weeksville Road in Elizabeth City, North Carolina, as the “Dr. Clifford Bell Jones, Sr. Post Office” (Rep. Butterfield - Oversight and Government Reform)
12) H.R. 3532 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 5815 McLeod Street in Lula, Georgia, as the “Private Johnathon Millican Lula Post Office.” (Rep. Deal – Oversight and Government Reform)
13) H.R. 4203 - Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3035 Stone Mountain Street in Lithonia, Georgia, as the “Jamaal RaShard Addison Post Office Building.” (Rep. Johnson (GA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
14) H.R. 5135 - Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 201 West Greenway Street in Derby, Kansas, as the “Sergeant Jamie O. Maugans Post Office Building.” (Rep. Tiahrt – Oversight and Government Reform)
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (8 Bills):
1) H.Res. 917 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Engineers Week, and for other purposes (Rep. Lipinski – Science and Technology)
2) H.R. 1834 - National Ocean Exploration Program Act (Rep. Saxton – Science and Technology)
3) H.Res. 966 - Honoring African American inventors, past and present, for their leadership, courage, and significant contributions to our national competitiveness (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson – Science and Technology)
4) H.Con.Res. 289 - Honoring and praising the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People on the occasion of its 99th anniversary (Rep. Green (TX) – Judiciary)
5) H.R. 4169 – American Braille Flag Memorial Act (Rep. Tiahrt – Veterans’ Affairs)
6) H.Res. 790 - Commending the people of the State of Washington for showing their support for the needs of the State of Washington's veterans and encouraging residents of other States to pursue creative ways to show their own support for veterans (Rep. Baird –Veterans’ Affairs)
7) H.Res. 963 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans Week, and for other purposes. (Rep. Rodriguez – Veterans’ Affairs)
8) S. 2571 - To make technical corrections to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (Sen. Harkin – Agriculture)
H.R. 3521 - Public Housing Asset Management Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Sires – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. ____ Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2008 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
Consideration of Legislation Regarding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.