MONDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (4 Bills)
1) H.Res. 114 - Supporting the goals and ideals of "National Girls and Women in Sports Day" (Rep. Sires – Education and Labor)
2) H.Res. 128 - Honoring Miami University for its 200 years of commitment to extraordinary higher education (Rep. Boehner – Education and Labor)
3) H.R. __ - Airline Flight Crew Technical Corrections Act (Rep. Bishop (NY) – Education and Labor)
4) H.Res. 60 - Recognizing and commending University of Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford for winning the 2008 Heisman Trophy and for his academic and athletic accomplishments (Rep. Fallin – Education and Labor)
Possible Motion to Instruct/Appoint Conferees on H.R. 1 - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Reps. Obey/Rangel/Waxman/George Miller (CA)/Oberstar/Gordon/Frank/Velazquez/Towns/Spratt - Appropriations)
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (11 Bills)
1) H.Res. 134 - Recognizing the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s visit to India, and the positive influence that the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi had on Dr. King’s work during the Civil Rights Movement (Rep. Lewis (GA) – Judiciary)
2) H.Con.Res. 35 - Honoring and praising the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) on the occasion of its 100th anniversary (Rep. Al Green (TX) – Judiciary)
3) H.Res. 71 - Acknowledging the lifelong service of Griffin Boyette Bell to the State of Georgia and the United States as a legal icon (Rep. Kingston – Judiciary)
4) H.R. ___ - Missing Alzheimer’s Disease Patient Alert Program Reauthorization of 2009 (Rep. Waters - Judiciary)
5) H.R. 448 - Elder Abuse Victims Act of 2009 (Rep. Sestak - Judiciary)
6) H.R. 632 - National Silver Alert Act of 2009 (Rep. Doggett - Judiciary)
7) H.R. 554 - National Nanotechnology Initiative Amendments Act of 2009 (Rep. Gordon – Science and Technology)
8) H.R. 631 - Water Use Efficiency and Conservation Research Act (Rep. Matheson – Science and Technology)
9) H.Res. 117 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Engineers Week (Rep. Lipinski – Science and Technology)
10) H.R. 469 - Produced Water Utilization Act of 2009 (Rep. Hall (TX) – Science and Technology)
11) H.Res. __ - Honoring John Dingell for holding the record as the longest serving Member of the House of Representatives (Rep. Kildee - House Administration)
S. 22 – Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Sen. Bingaman – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
Further consideration of H.R. 1 - American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Reps. Obey/Rangel/Waxman/George Miller (CA)/Oberstar/Gordon/ Frank/ Velazquez/Towns/Spratt - Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.