MONDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2007
The House is not in session.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2007
The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (10 bills):
1) H.R. 1497 - To amend the Lacey Act Amendments of 1981 to extend its protections to plants illegally harvested outside of the United States, and for other purposes (Rep. Blumenauer – Natural Resources)
2) H.Con.Res. 147 - Recognizing 200 years of research, service to the people of the United States, and stewardship of the marine environment by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and its predecessor agencies, and for other purposes (Rep. Brown (SC) – Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 3998 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to conduct special resources studies of certain lands and structures to determine the appropriate means for preservation, use, and management of the resources associated with such lands and structures (Rep. Grijalva – Natural Resources)
4) H.R. 2246 - To validate certain conveyances made by the Union Pacific Railroad Company of lands located in Reno, Nevada, that were originally conveyed by the United States to facilitate construction of transcontinental railroads, and for other purposes (Rep. Heller – Natural Resources)
5) H.R. 236 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to create a Bureau of Reclamation partnership with the North Bay Water Reuse Authority and other regional partners to achieve objectives relating to water supply, water quality, and environmental restoration (Rep. Mike Thompson – Natural Resources)
6) H.R. 1662 - To amend the Reclamation Safety of Dams Act of 1978 to authorize improvements for the security of dams and other facilities (Rep. Napolitano – Natural Resources)
7) H.R. 2085 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to convey to the McGee Creek Authority certain facilities of the McGee Creek Project, Oklahoma, and for other purposes (Rep. Fallin – Natural Resources)
8) H.R. 3887 - To authorize appropriations for fiscal years 2008 through 2011 for the Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2007, to enhance measures to combat forced labor, and for other purposes (Rep. Lantos – Foreign Affairs / Judiciary)
9) H.R. 4118 - To exclude from gross income payments from the Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund to the victims of the tragic event, loss of life and limb, at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (Rep. Boucher – Ways and Means)
10) H.R.710 - Charlie W. Norwood Living Organ Donation Act (Rep. Norwood – Energy and Commerce)
Possible Motions to go to Conference / Instruct Conferees.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2007 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (15 bills):
1) H.R. 3526 - To include all banking agencies within the existing regulatory authority under the Federal Trade Commission Act with respect to depository institutions, and for other purposes (Rep. Frank – Financial Services)
2) H.R. 4043 - Preserving and Expanding Minority Depository Institutions Act (Rep. Watt – Financial Services)
3) H.R. 2930 - Section 202 Supportive Housing for the Elderly Act of 2007 (Rep. Mahoney – Financial Services)
4) H.R.3505 - Securities Law Technical Corrections Act of 2007 (Rep. Roskam – Financial Services)
5) H.R. 4050 - Levee-Like Structure Consideration Act of 2007 (Rep. Giffords – Financial Services)
6) H.R. 2517 – Protecting Our Children Comes First Act of 2007 (Rep. Lampson – Education and Labor)
7) H.R. 3791 - SAFE Act of 2007 (Rep. Lampson – Judiciary)
8) H.R. 1759 - Managing Arson Through Criminal History (MATCH) Act of 2007 (Rep. Bono – Judiciary)
9) H.Res. 826 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the hanging of nooses is a horrible act when used for the purpose of intimidation and which under certain circumstances can be a criminal act that should be thoroughly investigated by Federal law enforcement authorities and that any criminal violations should be vigorously prosecuted (Rep. Al Green – Judiciary)
10) S. 888 - Genocide Accountability Act of 2007 (Sen. Durbin / Rep. Berman – Judiciary)
11) H.R. 3690 - U.S. Capitol Police and Library of Congress Police Merger Implementation Act of 2007 (Rep. Brady – House Administration)
12) S.J.Res. 8 - A joint resolution providing for the reappointment of Patricia Q. Stonesifer as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution (Sen. Leahy – House Administration)
13) H.Res. 822 - Recognizing the 100th anniversary year of the founding of the Port of Los Angeles (Rep. Richardson – Transportation and Infrastructure)
14) H.R.___ - To improve and expand small business assistance programs for veterans of the armed forces and military reservists, and for other purposes (Rep. Altmire – Small Business)
15) H.R.___ - To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 through May 23, 2008, and for other purposes (Rep. Chabot – Small Business)
Conference Report on H.R. 2082 - Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Rep. Reyes – Intelligence) (Subject to a Rule)
Conference Report on H.R. 1585 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Rep. Skelton – Armed Services) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.