MONDAY, APRIL 14, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (7 Bills):
1) H.Res. 886 - Expressing sympathy to the victims and families of the tragic acts of violence in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Arvada, Colorado (Rep. Lamborn - Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.Res. 994 - Expressing support for designation of a National Glanzmann's Thrombasthenia Awareness Day (Rep. Broun - Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.R. 5517 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7231 FM 1960 in Humble, Texas, as the "Texas Military Veterans Post Office". (Rep. Poe - Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.R. 4881 - Contracting and Tax Accountability Act of 2007 (Rep. Ellsworth - Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 3548 - Plain Language in Government Communications Act of 2007 (Rep. Braley - Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.Res. 259 - Honoring and recognizing the work of the Meals On Wheels Association of America, its member senior nutrition programs throughout the country, and their annual March For Meals campaigns (Rep. LoBiondo – Education and Labor)
7) H.Res. 1097 - Expressing support for the designation of the month of April 2008, as National Child Abuse Prevention Month to provide attention to the tragic circumstances that face some of our Nation's children on a daily basis and to underscore our commitment to preventing child abuse and neglect so that all children can live in safety and security (Rep. Courtney – Education and Labor)
TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for morning hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 8:30 a.m. and recess immediately to allow for the Former Members’ Association annual meeting; and will reconvene at approximately 10:00 a.m. for legislative business after the meeting is concluded. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (7 Bills):
1) H.R. 4056 - The Federal Law Enforcement Officers Congressional Badge of Bravery Act of 2008 (Rep. Ellsworth – Judiciary)
2) H.Res. 1053 -National Crime Victims' Rights Week Act of 2007 (Rep. Costa – Judiciary)
3) H.Res. 1095 - Commemorating the anniversary of the Fair Housing Act (Green, A. (TX) – Judiciary)
4) H.R. 5570 - Religious Worker Visa Extension Act of 2008 (Rep. Lofgren – Judiciary)
5) H.R. 5036 - Emergency Assistance for Secure Elections Act of 2008 (Rep. Holt – House Administration)
6) H.R. 5493 - To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may be established by regulations of the Committee on House Administration (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
7) H.Res. 1068 - To permit membership in the exercise facility established for employees of the House of Representatives and in the House Staff Fitness Program to be made available to other Federal employees who are assigned to official duty at the House of Representatives and for other purposes. (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
H.R. 2634 - Jubilee Act for Responsible Lending and Expanded Debt Cancellation of 2007 (Rep. Waters - Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5719 - Taxpayer Assistance and Simplification Act of 2008 (Rep. Rangel - Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5715 - The Ensuring Continued Access to Student Loans Act of 2008 (Rep. George Miller (CA) – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2537 - To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act relating to Beach Monitoring. (Rep. Pallone – Transportation and Infrastructure)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.