It’s clear from the list of bills that they claim create jobs actually have very little to do with jobs, and are more about advancing a partisan agenda:
- H.R. 910 Energy Tax Prevention Act
- H.R. 1229 Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act
- H.R. 1230 Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
- H.R. 1231 Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act
- H.R. 2018 Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act
- H.R. 1938 North American-Made Energy Security Act
There is a difference between a comprehensive jobs agenda and a set of partisan bills that mention “jobs” in their titles. It’s time for Republicans to abandon their partisan agenda and work with Democrats on a bipartisan plan to promote job creation.
Democrats remain focused on the Make It In America agenda, a plan to support job creation by providing an encouraging environment for businesses to innovate and make products here in the U.S., which will help American families Make It In America. This agenda is one that both Democrats and Republicans can, and have, supported. And since the Republican agenda is so thin on jobs, we hope they will work with us on an agenda both parties can support to help get Americans back to work.