Bad news for House Republicans: a new Gallup poll shows Americans favor President Obama’s plan to reduce the deficit, create jobs, strengthen our entitlements and ensure all Americans pay their fair share.
From the poll:
Americans support Obama’s plan to pay for the American Jobs Act:
- 70% of Americans support increasing taxes on some corporations by eliminating certain tax deductions
- 66% support increasing income taxes on individuals earning at least $200,000 and families earning at least $250,000
Americans support the component pieces of the Americans Jobs Act:
- 85% support providing tax cuts for small businesses, including incentives to hire workers
- 75% support providing additional funds to hire teachers, police officer and firefighters
- 73% support giving tax breaks to companies hiring people who have been unemployed for more than six months
- 72% support providing additional funds to modernize more than 30,000 schools
- 56% support extending unemployment insurance
Americans think the American Jobs Act will help:
- 65% think it will help a lot or a little to create jobs
- 60% think it will help a lot or a little to improve the economy
We hope Republicans will listen to the American people and abandon their ideological agenda so that we can reduce the deficit in a balanced way, grow our economy and help put more Americans back to work.