On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Following “One Minutes,” the House will Recess until approximately 4:45 p.m. When the House reconvenes, the House will begin consideration of H.R. 1954 – Debt Limit Extension. Any recorded votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 Bills)
1) H.R. 1954 – Debt Limit Extension (Rep. Camp – Ways and Means)
2) H.R. 1484 - Veterans Appeals Improvement Act, as amended (Rep. Filner – Veterans’ Affairs)
3) H.R. 802 - To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish a VetStar Award Program (Rep. Filner – Veterans’ Affairs)
4) S. 1082 - Small Business Temporary Extension Act of 2011 (Sen. Landrieu – Small Business)
5) S.Con.Res. 16 - Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for an event to celebrate the birthday of King Kamehameha (Sen. Akaka – House Administration)
6) H.R. 1194 - To renew the authority of the Secretary of Health and Human Services to approve demonstration projects designed to test innovative strategies in State child welfare programs (Rep. McDermott – Ways and Means)