On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House will recess no later than 5:30 p.m. to allow for a security sweep of the House Chamber prior to the President’s State of the Union address. The House will meet again at approximately 8:35 p.m. in a joint session with the Senate for the purpose of receiving an address from the President of the United States.
First/Last votes: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
“One Minutes” (15 per side)
Suspensions (5 Bills)
- H.R. 2070 - World War II Memorial Prayer Act of 2011 (Rep. Johnson (OH) - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 290 - War Memorial Protection Act (Rep. Hunter - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1022 - Buffalo Soldiers in the National Parks Study Act (Rep. Speier - Natural Resources Committee)
- H.R. 3800 - To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the funding and expenditure authority of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund, to amend title 49, United States Code, to extend authorizations for the airport improvement program, and for other purposes (Rep. John Mica - Transportation and Infrastructure/Ways and Means)
- H.Res. 516 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the passage of a fiscal year 2013 Federal budget is of national importance (Rep. Nugent -Budget)
Democratic Motion to Instruct Conferees on H.R. 3630 - Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 (One Hour of Debate) (Offered by Rep. Capps)
Possible Motion to go to Conference on H.R. 658 - FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act and Possible Democratic Motion to Instruct Conferees (One Hour of Debate)