For Immediate Release:
June 13, 2016
To Make It In America, we must:
Expand Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Promote entrepreneurship through access to Maker Spaces and Fab Labs.
- Increase access to capital for entrepreneurs, with protections for investors, so that start-up businesses can get off the ground.
- Facilitate the growth of the on-demand economy while ensuring strong labor protections.
- Provide tax incentives and reduce regulatory burdens to incentivize entrepreneurship and give start-up businesses a stronger chance at success.
Close the Skills Gap
- Promote partnerships between educational institutions and businesses, including through apprenticeships, to build a workforce that has the skills needed for today’s economy.
- Increase resources for job training & retraining programs.
- Invest in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts, mathematics) education at every level.
Build a 21st Century Infrastructure
- Invest in a modern transportation infrastructure – highways, railways, ports, airports – to connect companies with their workers and improve their ability to access markets.
- Invest in local public infrastructure, including water and energy distribution systems, which can attract or deter companies from staying in a location.
- Invest in modern technology infrastructure, including broadband, which is critical to ensuring businesses have access to the growing majority of their customers.
Break Down Barriers to Manufacturing in the US
- Support businesses during the scale-up phase so that it makes financial sense to make their products here in the U.S.
- Continue to support manufacturing networks and regional programs that increase U.S. competitiveness.
- Increase exposure to manufacturing & manufacturing concepts at all levels of education to build the next generation of manufacturers.
Click here to read the PDF.