|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
10:00 a.m.: Morning Hour
|3:30 – 4:30 p.m.||5:30 p.m.|
Following last votes, the House is expected to recess to accommodate the Congressional White House Picnic. The House will reconvene following the event and continue debating H.R. 2112 into the evening.
- DeLauro Amendment. Relating to the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition within the FDA
- Sessions Amendment. Relating to FAIR Act and Circular A-76 activities
- Farr Amendment. Relating to the Agricultural Marketing Services
- Broun Amendment (#8). Relating to the reduction of the Agriculture buildings and facilities account
- Chaffetz Amendment. Relating to reductions in multiple accounts, including the Economic Research Service, the National Agricultural Statistics Service, the Agricultural Research Service, and Food For Peace Title II Grants
- Broun Amendment (#4). Relating to the reduction of the Economic Research Service account
- Clarke (MI) Relating to the Agricultural Marketing Services
- Broun Amendment (#9). Relating to the reduction of Agricultural Marketing Services
- Richardson Amendment. Relating to the Commodity Assistance Program
|The Daily Quote|
Members of the House late Tuesday were mired in an ongoing rhetorical battle over the agriculture appropriations bill, as several Democrats took to the floor to argue against proposed cuts to the Women Infants and Children (WIC) food program…. [Democrats] appeared to be staging a mini-filibuster of the bill. Rather than propose an amendment, these members moved to "strike the last word," a parliamentary move that allows them to speak for five minutes without having to make an amendment proposal -- essentially allowing them to extend general debate.
- The Hill 6/14/11