|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
10:00 a.m.: Morning Hour
|1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||2:00 – 3:00 p.m.|
Following one minutes, the House is expected to recess until approximately 1:15 p.m.
- H.R. 3659 - Welfare Integrity and Data Improvement Act, as amended (Rep. Paulsen - Ways and Means)
- H.R. 886 - United States Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act (Rep. Womack - Financial Services)
- H.R. 2719 - Rattlesnake Mountain Public Access Act of 2011 (Rep. Hastings (WA) - Natural Resources)
- H.R. 443 - To provide for the conveyance of certain property from the United States to the Maniilaq Association located in Kotzebue, Alaska (Rep. Young (AK) - Natural Resources)
- S. 278 - Sugar Loaf Fire Protection District Land Exchange Act (Sen. Udall (CO) - Natural Resources)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Friday, December 16: The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. The Republican Majority is expected to bring up H.R. 3671 – Consolidated Appropriations Act. The House is also expected to consider H.R. 3672 - Disaster Relief Appropriations Act as well as H.Con.Res.94 - Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make corrections in the enrollment of H.R. 3671. All of these items were filed after midnight, this morning.
Members are advised that votes are possible this weekend and next week. Further information about this weekend and next week’s floor schedule will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
|The Daily Quote|
“This particular Congress ranks as one of the worst – ever. In the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, 42% of those polled judged the first session of the 112th Congress ‘one of the worst’ in the 222-year history of the institution. Another 33% said it was ‘below average.’”
- WSJ/NBC Poll, 12/13/11