|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
**Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 4:00 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 bills)
- H.R. 1862 – Global Child Protection Act of 2017 (Rep. Roby – Judiciary)
- H.R. 1842 – Strengthening Children's Safety Act of 2017 (Rep. Ratcliffe – Judiciary)
- H.R. 1188 – Adam Walsh Reauthorization Act of 2017 (Rep. Sensenbrenner – Judiciary)
- H.R. 883 – Targeting Child Predators Act of 2017 (Rep. DeSantis – Judiciary)
- H.R. 695 – Child Protection Improvements Act of 2017 (Rep. Schiff – Judiciary)
- H.R. 1625 – TARGET Act (Rep. Royce – Foreign Affairs)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Tuesday, May 23: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to begin consideration of H.R. 953 – Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2017 (Rep. Gibbs – Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule). The House is also expected to consider bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules.
|The Daily Quote|
“House Republicans say they aren’t close to agreeing on a budget blueprint they have to approve before they can move ahead… Republicans’ inability… to find common ground in their own party shows why they’re having trouble moving ahead with their agenda even when they control both chambers of Congress and the White House.”
- Bloomberg, 5/22/2017