|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
**Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 3:15 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the first seven bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
**Members are advised that the Motion to Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 4188 will be considered after last votes this evening. Any recorded vote requested will be postponed until tomorrow.
Suspensions (8 bills)
- H.R. 2187 – Fair Investment Opportunities for Professional Experts Act (Rep. Schweikert – Financial Services)
- H.R. 2209 – To require the appropriate Federal banking agencies to treat certain municipal obligations as level 2A liquid assets, and for other purposes (Rep. Messer – Financial Services)
- H.R. 3784 – SEC Small Business Advocate Act of 2016, as amended (Rep. Carney – Financial Services)
- H.R. 4168 – Small Business Capital Formation Enhancement Act (Rep. Poliquin – Financial Services)
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 515 – International Megan’s Law to Prevent Child Exploitation and Other Sexual Crimes Through Advanced Notification of Traveling Sex Offenders (Rep. Smith (NJ) – Foreign Affairs)
- H.R. 400 – Trafficking Prevention in Foreign Affairs Contracting Act, as amended (Rep. Royce – Foreign Affairs)
- S. 2152 – Electrify Africa Act of 2015 (Sen. Corker – Foreign Affairs)
- Concur in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 4188 – Coast Guard Authorization Act of 2015 (Rep. Hunter – Transportation and Infrastructure)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Tuesday, February 2: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to consider H.R. 3700 – Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act of 2015 (Rep. Luetkemeyer – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule). The House is also expected to complete consideration of H.R. 3662 – Iran Terror Finance Transparency Act (Rep. Russell – Foreign Affairs) and consider the Veto Message on H.R. 3762 – Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015 (Rep. Price (GA) – Budget).
|The Daily Quote|
“Speaker Paul D. Ryan [R-WI] wants Republicans to ‘go on offense on ideas’ in 2016, but he has only committed to drafting the playbook, not running the plays… Managing the expectations of the fractious Republican Conference represents a key test for Ryan...”
- Roll Call, 1/26/2016