|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
**Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 4:30 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 bills)
- S. 795 – To enhance whistleblower protection for contractor and grantee employees (Sen. McCaskill – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 2726 – Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act, as amended (Rep. Posey – Financial Services)
- H.R. 6427 – Creating Financial Prosperity for Businesses and Investors Act (Rep. Garrett – Financial Services)
- H.R. 5015 – Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act of 2016, as amended (Rep. Rouzer – Ways and Means)
- S. 3395 – Prescribed Burn Approval Act of 2016 (Sen. Thune – Agriculture)
- House Amendment to S. 1635 – Department of State Authorities Act, Fiscal Year 2017, as amendment (Sen. Corker – Foreign Affairs)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Tuesday, December 6: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to consider bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules.
|The Daily Quote|
“Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pa., another senior House appropriator, said Congress may be heading for a long-term punt on spending decisions that would keep the government operating on autopilot for the entire fiscal year, which ends next September. While a fresh spending package could still be cobbled together when the stopgap runs out next spring, Dent said he was doubtful. ‘If we can't pass the appropriations bills now, we sure as hell won't be able to do it in March, April or May…”
- CQ, 12/5/2016