The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business and recess immediately. The House will reconvene at approximately 10:00 a.m. in a Joint Meeting with the Senate to receive an address from Her Excellency, Doctor Angela Merkel, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Suspensions (15 Bills)
- H.Res. 858 - Congratulating the Inter-American Foundation on its 40th anniversary and recognizing its significant accomplishments and contributions (Rep. Engel - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 839 - Condemning the illegal extraction of Madagascar's natural resources (Rep. Blumenauer - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 711 - Calling on the United States Government and the international community to address the human rights and humanitarian needs of Sri Lanka's Tamil internally displaced persons (IDPs) currently living in government-run camps by supporting the release of such IDPs, implementing and facilitating an independent oversight of the process of release and resettlement, and allowing foreign aid groups to provide relief and resources to such IDPs (Rep. Davis (IL) - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 863 - Recognizing the scourge of pneumonia, urging the United States and the world to mobilize cooperation and prioritize resources to fight pneumonia and save children's lives, and recognizing November 2 as World Pneumonia Day (Rep. Shea-Porter - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 641 - Recognizing the 60th anniversary of the founding of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 867 - Calling on the President and the Secretary of State to oppose unequivocally any endorsement or further consideration of the "Report of the United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza Conflict" in multilateral fora (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 868 - Honoring and recognizing the service and achievements of current and former female members of the Armed Forces (Rep. Davis (CA) - Armed Services)
- H.Con.Res. 139 - Congratulating the first graduating class of the United States Air Force Academy on their 50th graduation anniversary and recognizing their contributions to the Nation (Rep. Lamborn - Armed Services)
- H.Res. 856 - Recognizing the Commissioning of the USS New York LPD 21 (Rep. Nadler - Armed Services)
- H.Res. 880 - Recognizing the efforts of career and technical colleges to educate and train workers for positions in high-demand industries (Rep. Cassidy - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 752 - Recognizing the tragic loss of life that occurred at the Cherry Mine in Cherry, Illinois, on its 100th anniversary and the contributions to worker and mine safety that resulted from this and other disasters (Rep. Halvorson - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 878 - Expressing support for the goals and ideals of National Family Literacy Day (Rep. Platts - Education and Labor)
- H.R. 2136 - Stephanie Tubbs Jones College Fire Prevention Act (Rep. Fudge - Education and Labor)
- H.R. 3276 - American Medical Isotopes Production Act of 2009 (Rep. Markey (MA) - Energy and Commerce)
- H.R. 1849 - World War I Memorial and Centennial Act of 2009 (Rep. Cleaver - Oversight and Government Reform)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.