The House Floor will be cleared at approximately 5:00 p.m. to allow a security sweep of the House Chamber prior to the President’s address. The House will meet again at approximately 8:35 p.m. in a joint meeting with the Senate for the purpose of receiving an address from the President of the United States.
Suspensions (3 Bills)
1) H.Res. 18 - Recognizes the life, achievements and contributions of Paul Newman (Rep. Cohen – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.Res. 83 - Recognizing the significance of Black History Month (Rep. Al Green – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) S. 234 - Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2105 East Cook Street in Springfield, Illinois, as the “Colonel John H. Wilson, Jr. Post Office Building”. (Sen. Durbin – Oversight and Government Reform)
Postponed Suspension Votes (2 Bills)
1) H.R. 80 - Captive Primate Safety Act (Rep. Blumenauer – Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 637 - South Orange County Recycled Water Enhancement Act (Rep. Calvert – Natural Resources)