MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (8 Bills)
1. H.Res. 686 - Recommending that the United States Constitution be taught to high school students throughout the Nation in September of their senior year (Rep. Grayson - Education and Labor)
2. H.Res. __ - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that a National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week should be established (Rep. Grijalva - Education and Labor)
3. H.Res. 6 - Recognizing the significant contribution coaches make in the life of children who participate in organized sports and supporting the goals and ideals of National Coaches Appreciation Week (Rep. McIntyre - Education and Labor)
4. H.Res. 459 - Expressing support for designation of "National Safety Month" (Rep. Roskam - Education and Labor)
5. H.Con.Res. 59 - Supporting the goals and ideals of senior caregiving and affordability (Rep. Terry - Education and Labor)
6. H.Res. 260 - Supporting efforts to reduce infant mortality in the United States (Rep. Cohen - Energy and Commerce)
7. H.Res. 57 - Recognizing the persistently high rates of drowning fatalities among children (Rep. Sires - Energy and Commerce)
8. H.Res. __ - Recognizing the 15th Anniversary of the enactment of the Violence Against Women Act (Rep. Slaughter - Judiciary)
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (16 Bills)
1. H.R. 3146 - 21 Century FHA Housing Act of 2009 (Rep. Adler - Financial Services)
2. H.R. 2947 - Securities Law Technical Corrections Act of 2009 (Rep. Jenkins - Financial Services)
3. H.R. 3527 - FHA Multifamily Loan Limit Adjustment Act of 2009 (Rep. Weiner - Financial Services)
4. H.Res. 215 - Congratulating the Minority Business Development Agency on its 40th anniversary and commending its achievements in fostering the establishment and growth of minority businesses in the United States (Rep. Honda - Financial Services)
5. H.R. 3179 - SIG TARP Small Business Awareness Act of 2009 (Rep. Paulsen - Financial Services)
6. H.Res. 317 - Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor (Rep. Moore (KS) - Agriculture)
7. H.Con.Res. 95 - Recognizing the importance of the Department of Agriculture Forest Service Experimental Forests and Ranges (Rep. Childers - Agriculture)
8. H.R. 511 - To authorize the Secretary of Agriculture to terminate certain easements held by the Secretary on land owned by the Village of Caseyville, Illinois, and to terminate associated contractual arrangements with the Village (Rep. Costello - Agriculture)
9. H.R. 3175 - To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to convey to Miami-Dade County certain federally owned land in Florida (Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart - Agriculture)
10. H.R. 940 - To provide for the conveyance of National Forest System land in the State of Louisiana (Rep. Alexander - Agriculture)
11. H.Res. 81 - Recognizing the importance and sustainability of the United States hardwoods industry and urging that United States hardwoods and the products derived from United States hardwoods be given full consideration in any program directed at constructing environmentally preferable commercial, public, or private buildings (Rep. Ellsworth - Agriculture)
12. H.R. 1002 - Pisgah National Forest Boundary Adjustment Act of 2009 (Rep. Shuler - Agriculture)
13. H.R. 3386 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1165 2nd Avenue in Des Moines, Iowa, as the "Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Memorial Post Office" (Rep. Boswell - Oversight and Government Reform)
14. H.Res. 679 - Supporting the goals and ideals of American Legion Day (Rep. Halvorson - Oversight and Government Reform)
15. H.R. 3137 - To provide clarification relating to the authority of the United States Postal Service to accept donations as an additional source of funding for commemorative plaques (Rep. Issa - Oversight and Government Reform)
16. H.R. 22 - To allow the United States Postal Service to pay its share of contributions for annuitants' health benefits out of the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund, as amended (Rep. McHugh - Oversight and Government Reform)
H.R. 3246 - Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2009 (Rep. Peters – Science and Technology) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3221 - Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009 (Rep. George Miller – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.