MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2008
On Monday, the House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (5 Bills):
1) S. 2403 - A bill to designate the new Federal Courthouse, located in the 700 block of East Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, as the "Spottswood W. Robinson III and Robert R. Merhige, Jr. Federal Courthouse" (Sen. Warner – Transportation and Infrastructure)
2) S. 2837 - A bill to designate the United States courthouse located at 225 Cadman Plaza East, Brooklyn, New York, as the "Theodore Roosevelt United States Courthouse" (Sen. Schumer – Transportation and Infrastructure)
3) H.R. 4081 - Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking Act of 2007 (PACT Act) (Rep. Weiner – Judiciary)
4) S. 2450 - A bill to amend the Federal Rules of Evidence to address the waiver of the attorney-client privilege and the work product doctrine (Sen. Leahy – Judiciary)
5) S. 2135 - Child Soldiers Accountability Act (Sen. Durbin – Judiciary)
H.Res. ___ - Expressing the condolences of the House of Representatives on the death of the Honorable Stephanie Tubbs Jones (Reps. Kaptur/Regula)
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour and at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 11:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (16 Bills):
1) H.Res. 937 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the emergency communications services provided by the American Red Cross are vital resources for military service members and their families (Rep. Burgess – Foreign Affairs)
2) H.Res. 1069 - Condemning the use of television programming by Hamas to indoctrinate hatred, violence, and anti-Semitism toward Israel in young Palestinian children (Rep. Crowley – Foreign Affairs)
3) H.Res. 1159 - Recognizing the historical significance of the United States sloop-of-war Constellation as a surviving witness to the horrors of the Transatlantic Slave Trade and a leading participant in America's effort to end the practice (Rep. Cummings – Foreign Affairs)
4) H.Res. 1254 - Supporting the values and goals of the `Joint Action Plan Between the Government of the Federative Republic of Brazil and the Government of the United States of America to Eliminate Racial and Ethnic Discrimination and Promote Equality', signed by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Brazilian Minister of Racial Integration Edson Santos on March 13, 2008 (Rep. Engel – Foreign Affairs)
5) H.R. 5683 - Government Accountability Office Act of 2008 (Rep. Davis (IL) – Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.R. 6168 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 112 South 5th Street in Saint Charles, Missouri, as the "Lance Corporal Drew W. Weaver Post Office Building" (Rep. Akin - Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.R. 6169 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15455 Manchester Road in Ballwin, Missouri, as the "Specialist Peter J. Navarro Post Office Building" (Rep. Akin – Oversight and Government Reform)
8) H.R. 6513 - Securities Act of 2008 (Rep. Kanjorski – Financial Services)
9) H.Res. 1207 - Directing the Chief Administrative Officer of the House of Representatives to provide individuals whose pay is disbursed by the Chief Administrative Officer by electronic funds transfer with the option of receiving receipts of pay and withholdings electronically (Rep. Foxx – House Administration)
10) H.R. 6608 - House Reservists Pay Adjustment Act of 2008 (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
11) H.R. 6475 - Daniel Webster Congressional Clerkship Act of 2008 (Rep. Lofgren – House Administration)
12) H.R. 1527 - Rural Veterans Access to Care Act (Rep. Moran (KS) – Veterans’ Affairs)
13) S. 2617 - Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2008 (Sen. Akaka – Veterans’ Affairs)
14) H.R. ___ - Veterans’ Construction and Extensions Act of 2008 (Rep. Filner – Veterans’ Affairs)
15) H.R. 6630 - To prohibit the Secretary of Transportation from granting authority to motor carriers domiciled in Mexico (Rep. DeFazio – Transportation and Infrastructure)
16) H.Res. ___ - Recognizing September 11 as a day of remembrance, extending sympathies to those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001, and their families, honoring the heroic actions of our nation’s first responders and Armed Forces, and reaffirming the commitment to defending the people of the United States against any and all future challenges (Reps. Hoyer/ Boehner)
H.R. 3667 – Missisquoi and Trout Rivers Wild and Scenic River Study Act of 2008 (Rep. Welch – Natural Resources) (Subject to Rule)
H.R. 3036 – No Child Left Inside Act of 2008 (Rep. Sarbanes – Education and Labor) (Subject to Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.