MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2009
On Monday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (4 Bills)
1) H.Res. 178 - Expressing the need for enhanced public awareness of traumatic brain injury and support for the designation of a National Brain Injury Awareness Month (Rep. Pascrell – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.R. 918 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 300 East 3rd Street in Jamestown, New York, as the "Stan Lundine Post Office Building" (Rep. Higgins - Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.R. 1218 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 112 South 5th Street in Saint Charles, Missouri, as the "Lance Corporal Drew W. Weaver Post Office Building" (Rep. Akin - Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.Res. 223 - Honoring the life, achievements, and contributions of Paul Harvey, affectionately known for his signature line, "This is Paul
Harvey... Good Day" (Rep. Sullivan - Oversight and Government Reform)
TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2009 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (8 Bills)
1) H.R. 1617 - Department of Homeland Security Component Privacy Officer Act of 2009 (Rep. Carney – Homeland Security)
2) H.R. 1148 - To require the Secretary of Homeland Security to conduct a program in the maritime environment for the mobile biometric identification of suspected individuals, including terrorists, to enhance border security (Rep. Bilirakis – Homeland Security)
3) H.R. 730 - Nuclear Forensics and Attribution Act (Rep. Schiff – Homeland Security)
4) H.Res. 273 - Recognizing the 188th anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating Greek and American democracy (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Foreign Affairs)
5) H.Res. 234 - Expressing support for designation of a "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day" (Rep. Linda Sanchez – Veterans’ Affairs)
6) H.Res. 182 - Expressing support for designation of the week of March 1 through March 8, 2009, as "School Social Work Week" (Rep. Kennedy – Education and Labor)
7) S. 520 - To designate the United States Courthouse under construction at 327 South Church Street, Rockford, Illinois, as the "Stanley J. Roszkowski United States Courthouse" (Sen. Durbin – Transportation and Infrastructure)
8) S. 383 - Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program Act of 2009 (Sen. McCaskill – Financial Services)
Senate Amendments to H.R. 146 - Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 (Rep. Rahall – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 1404 - Federal Land Assistance, Management and Enhancement Act (Rep. Rahall – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.