MONDAY, MARCH 3, 2008
The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. in a pro forma session.
TUESDAY, MARCH 4, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (11 Bills):
1) H.R. 1143 - To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to lease certain lands in Virgin Islands National Park, and for other purposes (Rep. Christensen – Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 1311 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey the Alta-Hualapai Site to the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, for the development of a cancer treatment facility (Rep. Berkley – Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 1922 - To designate the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and the surrounding Federal land in the State of Florida as an Outstanding Natural Area and as a unit of the National Landscape System, and for other purposes (Rep. Mahoney – Natural Resources)
4) H.R. 3111 - To provide for the administration of Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial as a unit of the National Park System, and for other purposes (Rep. George Miller (CA) – Natural Resources)
5) H.R. 5137 - To ensure that hunting remains a purpose of the New River Gorge National River (Rep. Rahall – Natural Resources)
6) H.Res. 845 - Recognizing the 60th anniversary of Everglades National Park (Rep. Hastings (FL) – Natural Resources)
7) H.Res. 807 - Honoring the life of Marjory Stoneman Douglas, champion of the Florida Everglades and founder of Florida's environmental movement (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Natural Resources)
8) H.R. 816 - To provide for the release of certain land from the Sunrise Mountain Instant Study Area in the State of Nevada and to grant a right-of-way across the released land for the construction and maintenance of a flood control project (Rep. Porter – Natural Resources)
9) H.R. 3473 - To provide for a land exchange with the City of Bountiful, Utah, involving National Forest System land in the Wasatch-Cache National Forest and to further land ownership consolidation in that national forest, and for other purposes (Rep. Bishop (UT) – Natural Resources)
10) H.R. 4191 - To redesignate Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park in the State of Ohio as "Wright Brothers-Dunbar National Historic Park", and for other purposes (Rep. Turner – Natural Resources)
11) H.Res. 698 - Commemorating the 200th anniversary of Congressional Cemetery (Rep. Walsh – Natural Resources)
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (12 Bills):
1) H.Con.Res. 292 - Honoring Margaret Truman Daniel and her lifetime of accomplishments (Rep. Cleaver – Oversight and Government Reform)
2) H.R. 5168 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 19101 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville, Florida, as the ‘Cody Grater Post Office Building’ (Rep. Brown-Waite – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.Con.Res. 286 - Expressing the sense of Congress that Earl Lloyd should be recognized and honored for breaking the color barrier and becoming the first African-American to play in the National Basketball Association League 58 years ago (Rep. Moran (VA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.R. 5220 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3800 SW. 185th Avenue in Beaverton, Oregon, as the ‘Major Arthur Chin Post Office Building’ (Rep. Wu - Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 5400 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 160 East Washington Street in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, as the ‘Sgt. Michael M. Kashkoush Post Office Building’ (Rep. LaTourette - Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.R. 1084 - Reconstruction and Stabilization Civilian Management Act of 2007 (Rep. Farr - Foreign Affairs)
7) H.Con.Res. 278 - Supporting Taiwan's fourth direct and democratic presidential elections in March 2008 (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
8) S.J.Res. 25 - Providing for the reappointment of John W. McCarter as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution (Sen. Leahy - House Administration)
9) H.R. 5159 - Capitol Visitor Center Act of 2008 (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
10) H.Con.Res. ___ - Expressing the sense of Congress that Members’ Congressional papers must be properly maintained and encouraging Members to take all necessary measures to manage and preserve these papers (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
11) H.Res. 1007 – Expressing the condolences of the House to those affected by the devastating shooting incident of February 14, 2008, at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, Illinois. (Rep. Manzullo – Education and Labor)
12) H.Res.___ - Expressing the sense of the Congress that providing breakfast in schools through the National School Breakfast Program has a positive impact on classroom performance Recognizing importance of school breakfast (Rep. Moore (WI) – Education and Labor)
H.R. ___ - Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 (Rep. Kennedy – Energy and Commerce/Education and Labor/Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 2857 – Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act (Rep. McCarthy (NY) – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible consideration of Legislation Regarding the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.