MONDAY, JULY 21, 2008
On Monday, the House will meet in Pro Forma Session at 12:30 p.m.
TUESDAY, JULY 22, 2008
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (21 Bills):
1) H.R. 6362 - To amend title 35, United States Code, and the Trademark Act of 1946 to provide that the Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, shall appoint administrative patent judges and administrative trademark judges (Rep. Berman – Judiciary)
2) S. 2565 - Law Enforcement Congressional Badge of Bravery Act of 2008 (Sen. Biden – Judiciary)
3) H.R. 6531 - The Vessel Hull Design Protection Amendments of 2008 (Rep. Berman – Judiciary)
4) H.Res. 1241 - Congratulating Ensign DeCarol Davis upon serving as the valedictorian of the Coast Guard Academy's class of 2008 and becoming the first African-American female to earn this honor (Rep. Thompson (MS) – Transportation and Infrastructure)
5) H.R. 6493 - The Aviation Safety Enhancement Act of 2008 (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
6) H.R. 5949 - The Clean Boating Act of 2008 (Rep. LaTourette – Transportation and Infrastructure)
7) H.R. ___ - To clarify the circumstances during which the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and applicable States may require permits for discharges from certain vessels, and to require the Administrator to conduct a study of discharges incidental to the normal operation of vessels (Transportation and Infrastructure)
8) S. 294 - The Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act of 2007 (Sen. Lautenberg - Transportation and Infrastructure)
9) H.R. 4049 - Money Service Business Act of 2007 (Rep. Maloney – Financial Services)
10) H.Res. 1139 - Recognizing the 100th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and congratulating the men and women who provide exceptional service to our military and keep our Pacific Fleet "fit to fight". (Rep. Abercrombie – Armed Services)
11) H.J.Res. 93 - Approving the renewal of import restrictions contained in the Burmese Freedom and Democracy Act of 2003 (Rep. Crowley – Ways and Means)
12) H.Res. 1286 - Recognizing and celebrating the 20th anniversary of the National Black Arts Festival (Rep. Lewis (GA) - Education and Labor)
13) H.Res. 1355 - Expressing support for designation of Disability Pride Day and recognizing that all people, including those living with disabilities, have the right, responsibility, and ability to be active, contributing members of our society and fully engaged as citizens. (Rep. Davis (IL) – Education and Labor)
14) H.Res. 655 – Honoring the life and accomplishments of Katherine Dunham (Rep. Rangel – Education and Labor)
15) H.Res. 1296 – Supporting the designation of a National Child Awareness Month to promote awareness of children's charities and youth-serving organizations across the United States and recognizing their efforts on behalf of children and youth as a positive investment for the future of our Nation (Rep. Calvert - Education and Labor)
16) H.Con.Res. 364 - Recognizing the Significance of National Caribbean-American Heritage Month (Rep. Lee – Oversight and Government Reform)
17) H.Res. 1311 - Expressing support for the designation of National GEAR UP Day (Rep. Fattah – Oversight and Government Reform)
18) H.Res. 1128 - Expressing support of the goals and ideals of National Carriage Driving Month. (Rep. Davis (IL) – Oversight and Government Reform)
19) H.R. 6226 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 300 East 3rd Street in Jamestown, New York, as the "Stan Lundine Post Office Building" (Rep. Higgins – Oversight and Government Reform)
20) H.R. 5235 - The Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission Act (Rep. Gallegly – Oversight and Government Reform)
21) H.R. 6545 - National Energy Security Intelligence Act of 2008 (Rep. Cazayoux – Intelligence)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
H.R. 3221 - American Housing Rescue and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008 (Rep. Frank– Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3999 - The National Highway Bridge Reconstruction and Inspection Act (Rep. Oberstar –Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5501 - Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Rep. Berman – Foreign Affairs) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of Energy Legislation.
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.