MONDAY, JULY 14, 2008
The House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for morning hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (18 Bills):
1) H.R. 5618 - To reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes (Rep. Bordallo - Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 1714 - To clarify the boundaries of Coastal Barrier Resources System Clam Pass Unit FL-64P (Rep. Mack - Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 3227 - To direct the Secretary of the Interior to continue stocking fish in certain lakes in the North Cascades National Park, Ross Lake National Recreation Area, and Lake Chelan National Recreation Area (Rep. Hastings (WA) - Natural Resources)
4) H.Res. 984 - Expressing support for the designation of July 26, 2008 as "National Day of the Cowboy" (Rep. Giffords – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 5506 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 369 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Jersey City, New Jersey, as the "Bishop Ralph E. Brower Post Office Building" (Rep. Sires – Oversight and Government)
6) H.R. 4010 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 100 West Percy Street in Indianola, Mississippi, as the "Minnie Cox Post Office Building"(Rep. Thompson (MS) – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.Res. 1067 - Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the crossing of the North Pole by the USS Nautilus (SSN 571) and its significance in the history of both our Nation and the world (Rep. Courtney – Armed Services)
8) H.Res. 1080 - Honoring the extraordinary service and exceptional sacrifice of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), known as the Screaming Eagles (Rep. Whitfield – Armed Services)
9) H.Con.Res. 295 - Expressing the deepest appreciation of Congress to the families of members of the United States Armed Forces (Rep. Bilirakis – Armed Services)
10) H.Con.Res. 297 - Recognizing the 60th anniversary of the integration of the United States Armed Forces. (Rep. Rogers (AL) – Armed Services)
11) H.R. 3564 - Regulatory Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Cannon - Judiciary)
12) H.Con.Res. 381 - Honoring and recognizing the dedication and achievements of Thurgood Marshall on the 100th anniversary of his birth. (Rep. Payne - Judiciary)
13) H.Res. 1182 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that American flags flown on Federal Government buildings and on Federal property be made in the United States (Rep. Filner – Judiciary)
14) H.Con.Res. 369 - Honoring the men and women of the Drug Enforcement Administration on the occasion of its 35th anniversary (Rep. Souder – Judiciary)
15) H.R. 5057 - Debbie Smith Reauthorization Act (Rep. Maloney – Judiciary)
16) S. 3218 - Criminal History Background Checks Pilot Extension Act of 2008 (Sen. Biden – Judiciary)
17) H.R. 5464 - A Child Is Missing Alert and Recovery Center Act (Rep. Klein – Judiciary)
18) S. 231 – A bill to authorize the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program at fiscal year 2006 levels through 2012 (Sen. Feinstein - Judiciary)
TUESDAY, JULY 15, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for Morning Hour and at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (16 Bills):
1) H.R. 4049 - Money Service Business Act of 2007 (Rep. Maloney – Financial Services)
2) H.R. 6455 - To require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Rep. Jackson-Lee – Financial Services)
3) S. 3145 - A bill to designate a portion of United States Route 20A, located in Orchard Park, New York, as the "Timothy J. Russert Highway" (Sen. Clinton – Transportation and Infrastructure)
4) S. 496 - the Appalachian Regional Development Act Amendments of 2008 (Sen. Voinovich – Transportation and Infrastructure)
5) H.Con.Res. 299 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month (Rep. Markey – Energy and Commerce)
6) H.Res. 1259 - Congratulating the Hamilton College Continentals on winning the NCAA Division III women's lacrosse championship (Rep. Arcuri – Education and Labor)
7) H.Res. 1088 - Recognizing and commending the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater for 50 years of service as a vital American cultural ambassador to the world (Rep. Nadler – Education Labor)
8) H.Res. 1323 - Commending the Arizona State University softball team for their victory in the 2008 Women's College World Series (Rep. Mitchell – Education and Labor)
9) H.Res. 1327 - Congratulating the 2008 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I Baseball Champions, the Fresno State Bulldogs, on an outstanding and historic season (Rep. Nunes – Education and Labor)
10) H.Res. 1261 - Congratulating East High School in Denver, Colorado, on winning the 2008 "We the People: The Citizen and the Constitution" national competition (Rep. DeGette – Education and Labor)
11) H.Con.Res. 385 - Condemning the attack on the AMIA Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in July 1994 (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Foreign Affairs).
12) H.Res. 1090 - Honoring the esteemed former President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela on the occasion of his 90th birthday (Rep. Jefferson – Foreign Affairs)
13) H.R. 3890 - Burma Democracy Promotion Act of 2007 (Rep. Lantos – Foreign Affairs)
14) H.R. 3032 - To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to permit candidates for election for Federal office to designate an individual who will be authorized to disburse funds of the authorized campaign committees of the candidate in the event of the death of the candidate (Rep. Jones (NC) – House Administration)
15) H.R. 6296 - To extend through 2013 the authority of the Federal Election Commission to impose civil money penalties on the basis of a schedule of penalties established and published by the Commission (Rep. Brady (PA) – House Administration)
16) H.R. 5803 - To direct the Election Assistance Commission to establish a program to make grants to participating States and units of local government which will administer the regularly scheduled general election for Federal office held in November 2008 for carrying out a program to make backup paper ballots available in the case of the failure of a voting system or voting equipment in the election or some other emergency situation, and for other purposes (Rep. Lofgren – House Administration)
H.R. 415 - To amend the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act to designate segments of the Taunton River in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a component of the National Wild and Scenic Rivers (Rep. Frank – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5959 - FY09 Intelligence Authorization Act (Rep. Reyes – Intelligence) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3999 - The National Highway Bridge Reconstruction and Inspection Act (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure) (Subject to a Rule)
Possible Consideration of Energy Legislation.
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.