MONDAY, JANUARY 25, 2010
On Monday, the House is not in session.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2010
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business with votes postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 Bills)
- H.Res. 583 - Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Lester Flatt has made an invaluable contribution to American art as both a songwriter and a performer, leaving an indelible legacy in bluegrass music (Rep. Davis (TN) - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 990 - Expressing support for designation of January 2010 as "National Mentoring Month" (Rep. McCollum - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 1030 - Congratulating Messiah College men's and women's soccer teams on winning the 2009 NCAA Division III national championships (Rep. Platts - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 1029 - Expressing support for designation of the week of February 1 through February 5, 2010, as "National School Counseling Week" (Rep. Linda Sanchez - Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 1024 - Expressing support for designation of January as Poverty in America Awareness Month (Rep. McDermott - Ways and Means)
- H.R. __ - Emergency Aid to American Survivors of the Haiti Earthquake Act (Rep. Rangel - Ways and Means)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. At approximately 5:00 p.m., the House will recess to allow for a security sweep of the House Chamber prior to the President’s address. The House will meet again at approximately 8:35 p.m. in a joint session with the Senate for the purpose of receiving an address from the President of the United States. On Thursday and Friday, there will be no votes in the House to accommodate the Republican Issues Conference.
Suspensions (2 Bills)
- H.R. __ - To provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 (Rep. Velazquez - Small Business)
- H.Res. 1020 - Honoring the 95th anniversary of the signing of the Rocky Mountain National Park Act (Rep. Markey (CO) - Natural Resources)
H.R. 4474 - Idaho Wilderness Water Facilities Act (Rep. Minnick – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3726 - Castle Nugent National Historic Site Establishment Act of 2010 (Rep. Christensen – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.