MONDAY, JANUARY 18, 2010 - Martin luther king, JR., HOLIday
On Monday, the House will not be in session.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2010
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 12:30 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (10 Bills)
1) H.R. 3726 - Castle Nugent National Historic Site Establishment Act of 2009 (Rep. Christensen - Natural Resources)
2) H.R. 3759 - BLM Contract Extension Act (Rep. DeFazio - Natural Resources)
3) H.R. 725 - Indian Arts and Crafts Amendments Act of 2009 (Rep. Pastor - Natural Resources)
4) H.R. 3538 - Idaho Wilderness Water Resources Protection Act (Rep. Simpson - Natural Resources)
5) H.Res. 1007 - Commending the University of Alabama for winning the Bowl Championship Series National Championship Game (Rep. Bachus - Education and Labor)
6) H.Res. 1004 - Congratulating the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine for its 150 years of commitment to advancing science and improving health (Rep. Davis (IL) - Education and Labor)
7) H.Res. 776 - Congratulating the Dartmouth Outing Club of Hanover, New Hampshire, for 100 years of service to the United States and its wilderness (Rep. Hodes - Education and Labor)
8) H.Res. 1008 - Honoring the contributions of Catholic schools (Rep. Lipinski - Education and Labor)
9) H.Res. __ - Congratulating the Penn State women’s volleyball team on winning the 2009 NCAA Division I national championship (Rep. Thompson (PA) - Education and Labor)
10) H.Res. 991 - Commending the University of Virginia men's soccer team for winning the 2009 Division I NCAA National Championship (Rep. Perriello - Education and Labor)
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2010 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business.
Suspensions (11 Bills)
1) H.R. __ - To accelerate the income tax benefits for charitable cash contributions for the relief of victims of the earthquake in Haiti (Rep. Rangel - Ways and Means)
2) H.R. 3250 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1210 West Main Street in Riverhead, New York, as the "Private First Class Garfield M. Langhorn Post Office Building" (Rep. Bishop (NY) - Oversight and Government Reform)
3) H.Con.Res. 158 - Expressing support for the designation of an Early Detection Month for breast cancer and all forms of cancer (Rep. Etheridge - Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.Res. 708 - Congratulating Nancy Goodman Brinker for receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom (Rep. Schock - Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 4095 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 9727 Antioch Road in Overland Park, Kansas, as the "Congresswoman Jan Meyers Post Office Building" (Rep. Moore (KS) - Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.Res. __ - Expressing Condolences to and Solidarity with the People of Haiti in the aftermath of the devastating Earthquake of January 12th, 2010 (Rep. Lee (CA) - Foreign Affairs)
7) H.Res. 1013 - Condemning the violent suppression of legitimate political dissent and gross human rights abuses in the Republic of Guinea (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen - Foreign Affairs)
8) H.Res. 1010 - Celebrating the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. during the 30th anniversary of the Stevie Wonder song tribute to Dr. King, "Happy Birthday" (Rep. Conyers - Judiciary)
9) H.Res. 1009 - Honoring the seven Americans killed in Khost, Afghanistan, on December 30, 2009, for their service to the United States (Rep. Reyes - Intelligence)
10) H.R. 2611 - To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to authorize the Securing the Cities Initiative of the Department of Homeland Security (Rep. King (NY) - Homeland Security)
11) Senate Amendments to H.R. 730 – Nuclear Forensics and Attribution Act (Rep. Schiff - Homeland Security)
H.R. 1065 – White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2009 (Rep. Kirkpatrick – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3254 – Taos Pueblo Indian Water Rights Settlement Act (Rep. Luján – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 3342 – Aamodt Litigation Settlement Act (Rep. Luján – Natural Resources) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.