MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2008
The House will meet at 4:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (5 Bills):
1) H.Res. 978 – Expressing support for the designation of the week of March 3-7, 2008, as "School Social Work Week" to promote awareness of the vital role of school social workers in schools, and in the community as a whole, in helping students prepare for their future as productive citizens (Rep. Kennedy – Education and Labor)
2) H.Res. 930 – Supporting the goals and ideals of "Career and Technical Education Month” (Rep. Baird – Education and Labor)
3) H.Res. 961 – Commending the Alaska Army National Guard for its service to the State of Alaska and the citizens of the United States (Rep. Young (AK) – Armed Services)
4) H.Res. 944 - Honoring the service and accomplishments of Lieutenant General Russel L. Honore´, United States Army, for his 37 years of service on behalf of the United States (Rep. Scott (GA) – Armed Services)
5) H.R. ____ To provide for the continued minting and issuance of certain $1 coins in 2008 (Rep. Frank – Financial Services)
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2008 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday, the House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for morning hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Friday no votes are expected in the House.
Suspensions (9 Bills):
1) H.R. 5264 - To extend certain trade preference programs (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
2) S. 2478 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 59 Colby Corner in East Hampstead, New Hampshire, as the “Captain Jonathan D. Grassbaugh Post Office.” (Sen. Sununu – Oversight and Government Reform)
3) S. 2272 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service known as the Southpark Station in Alexandria, Louisiana, as the John "Marty" Thiels Southpark Station, in honor and memory of Thiels, a Louisiana postal worker who was killed in the line of duty on October 4, 2007 (Sen. Vitter – Oversight and Government Reform)
4) H.R. 3936 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 116 Helen Highway in Cleveland, Georgia, as the “Sgt. Jason Harkins Post Office.” (Rep. Deal – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.R. 3803 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3100 Cashwell Drive in Goldsboro, North Carolina, as the "John Henry Wooten, Sr. Post Office Building."(Rep. Butterfield – Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.R. 4454 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 3050 Hunsinger Lane in Louisville, Kentucky, as the "Iraq and Afghanistan Fallen Military Heroes of Louisville Memorial Post Office Building", in honor of the servicemen and women from Louisville, Kentucky, who died in service during Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom (Rep. Yarmuth – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.R. 3721 – To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1190 Lorena Road in Lorena, Texas, as the "Marine Gunnery Sgt. John D. Fry Post Office Building.” (Rep. Edwards – Oversight and Government Reform)
8) S.Con.Res. 67 - A concurrent resolution establishing the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (Sen. Feinstein – House Administration)
9) S.Con.Res. 68 A concurrent resolution authorizing the use of the rotunda of the Capitol by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (Sen. Feinstein – House Administration)
H.R. 3521 - Public Housing Asset Management Improvement Act of 2007 (Rep. Sires – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
H.R. 5351 - Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2008 (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.