MONDAY, DECEMBER 17, 2007
The House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for morning hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business.
Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (19 bills):
1) H.J.Res. 15 Recognizing the contributions of the Christmas tree industry to the United States economy (Rep. Foxx – Agriculture)
2) H.R. 3454 - To provide for the conveyance of a small parcel of National Forest System land in the George Washington National Forest in Alleghany County, Virginia, that contains the cemetery of the Central Advent Christian Church and an adjoining tract of land located between the cemetery and road boundaries (Rep. Boucher – Agriculture)
3) H.R. 1374 - To amend the Florida National Forest Land Management Act of 2003 to authorize the conveyance of an additional tract of National Forest System land under that Act, and for other purposes (Rep. Boyd – Agriculture)
4) H.Res. 856 - Expresses heartfelt sympathy for the victims and families of the shootings in Omaha, Nebraska, on Wednesday, December 5, 2007 (Rep. Terry – Oversight and Government Reform)
5) H.Res. 851 - Honoring local and state first responders, and the citizens of the Pacific Northwest in facing the severe winter storm of December 2 and 3, 2007 (Rep. Wu- Oversight and Government Reform)
6) H.Con.Res. 254 - Recognizing and celebrating the centennial of Oklahoma statehood (Rep. Fallin – Oversight and Government Reform)
7) H.R. 3911 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 95 Church Street in Jessup, Pennsylvania, as the "Lance Corporal Dennis James Veater Post Office" (Rep. Carney – Oversight and Government Reform)
8) S. 2174 - A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 175 South Monroe Street in Tiffin, Ohio, as the "Paul E. Gillmor Post Office Building" (Sen. Voinovich – Oversight and Government Reform)
9) H.Res. 816 - Congratulating the Colorado Rockies on winning the National League Championship and playing in the 2007 World Series (Udall, M. – Oversight and Government Reform)
10) H.R. 4342 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 824 Manatee Avenue West in Bradenton, Florida, as the "Dan Miller Post Office Building" (Rep. Buchanan – Oversight and Government Reform)
11) H.R. 4210 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 401 Washington Avenue in Weldon, North Carolina, as the "Dock M. Brown Post Office Building" (Rep. Butterfield – Oversight and Government Reform)
12) H.R. 4220 - The Federal Food Donation Act of 2007 (Rep. Jo Ann Emerson – Oversight and Government Reform)
13) H.R. 3179 - Local Preparedness Acquisition Act (Rep. Towns – Oversight and Government Reform)
14) H.Con.Res. 246 - Honoring the United States Marine Corps for serving and defending the United States on the anniversary of its founding on November 10, 1775 (Rep. Shea-Porter – Armed Services)
15) H.Res. 542 - Expressing the unconditional support of the House of Representatives for the members of the National Guard (Rep. Brown-Waite – Armed Services)
16) H.R. 3793 - Veterans Guaranteed Bonus Act of 2007 (Rep. Altmire – Armed Services)
17) H.R. 3997 - The Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2007 (HEART) (Rep. Rangel – Ways and Means)
18) H.R. 4286 - To award a congressional gold medal to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi in recognition of her courageous and unwavering commitment to peace, nonviolence, human rights, and democracy in Burma (Rep. Crowley – Financial Services)
19) S. 2484 - A bill to rename the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development as the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (Sen. Hatch – Energy and Commerce)
H.R. 2764 - Foreign Operations Appropriations/Consolidated Appropriations bill (Rep. Obey – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2007 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for morning hour debate and 10:00 a.m. for legislative business. On Wednesday and Thursday the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business, and at 9:00 a.m. on Friday.
Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 6) the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, to move the United States toward greater energy independence and security, to increase the production of renewable fuels, to protect consumers, to increase the efficiency of products, buildings and vehicles, to promote research on and deploy greenhouse gas capture and storage options, and to improve the energy performance of the Federal Government and for other purposes (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.