MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2007
The House will meet at 3:00 p.m. in a pro forma session.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2007
The House will meet at 10:30 a.m. for morning hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. Votes will be postponed until at least 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (22 bills):
- - To amend the Joint Resolution Approving the Covenant to Establish a Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and for other purposes (Rep. Christensen – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 3739 - To amend the Arizona Water Settlements Act to modify the requirements for the statement of findings (Rep. Grijalva – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 123 - To authorize appropriations for the San Gabriel Basin Restoration Fund (Rep. Dreier – Natural Resources)
- H.Res. 842 - Expressing sympathy to and pledging the support of the House of Representatives and the people of the United States for the victims of Cyclone Sidr in southern Bangladesh (Rep. Rothman – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 708 - Honoring the life and accomplishments of Luciano Pavarotti and recognizing the significant and positive impact of his astounding musical talent, his achievement in raising the profile of opera with audiences around the world, and his commitment to charitable causes. (Rep. Loretta Sanchez – Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 847 – Recognizing the importance of Christmas (Rep. Steve King - Foreign Affairs)
- H.Res. 768 - Honoring the life of Thomas "Tommy" Makem (Rep. Shea-Porter – Education and Labor)
- H.Con.Res. 264 - Honoring the University of Hawaii for its 100 years of commitment to public higher education Hirono University (Rep. Hirono – Education and Labor)
- H.Res. 785 - Recognizing the 100th Anniversary of Robstown, Texas (Rep. Ortiz – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 4009 - To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 567 West Nepessing Street in Lapeer, Michigan, as the "Turrill Post Office Building" (Rep. Miller (MI) – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Con.Res. 215 - Supporting the designation of a week as National Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillator Awareness Week (Rep. Kuhl – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Res. 695 - Expressing the support for designation of a "National Fire Fighter Appreciation Day" to honor and celebrate the fire fighters of the United States (Rep. Campbell – Oversight and Government Reform)
- S. 597 - An act to extend the special postage stamp for breast cancer research for 4 years (Sen. Feinstein – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 4108 - To amend section 3328 of title 5, United States Code, relating to Selective Service registration (Rep. George Miller – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.Con.Res. 261 - Commemorating the centennial anniversary of the sailing of the Navy's "Great White Fleet," launched by President Theodore Roosevelt on December 16, 1907, from Hampton Roads, Virginia, and returning there on February 22, 1909. (Rep. Drake – Armed Services)
- H.R. 3986 – John F. Kennedy Center Reauthorization Act of 2007 (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 3985 – Over-the-Road Bus Transportation Accessibility Act of 2007 (Rep. DeFazio – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.Res. 661 - Honoring the accomplishments of Barrington Antonio Irving, the youngest pilot and first person of African descent ever to fly solo around the world (Rep. Hastings (FL) – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- - Resolution honoring those who have volunteered to assist in the cleanup of the November 7, 2007, oil spill in San Francisco Bay (Rep. Pelosi – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 797 - Dr. James Allen Veteran Vision Equity Act (Rep. Baldwin – Veterans’ Affairs)
- H.R. 2601 - the “Do-Not-Call Registry Fee Extension Act of 2007” (Rep. Stearns – Energy and Commerce)
- H.R. 3541 - the “Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007” (Rep. Doyle – Energy and Commerce)
H.R. 2764 - Foreign Operations Appropriations/Consolidated Appropriations bill (Rep. Obey – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2007 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Wednesday and Thursday the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. for legislative business, and at 9:00 a.m. on Friday
Conference Report on H.R. 2082 - Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Rep. Reyes – Intelligence) (Subject to a Rule)
Conference Report on H.R. 1585 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Rep. Skelton – Armed Services) (Subject to a Rule)
Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 2761 ) – Terrorism Risk Insurance Revision and Extension Act of 2007 (Rep. Frank – Financial Services) (Subject to a Rule)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.