|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 4:40 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the five bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (5 Bills)
- S. 2039 – A bill to allow a State or local government to construct levees on certain properties otherwise designated as open space lands (Sen. Hoeven – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- S. 1959 – Haqqani Network Terrorist Designation Act of 2011, as amended (Sen. Burr – Judiciary)
- H.R. 6018 – To authorize appropriations for the Department of State for fiscal year 2013, and for other purposes, as amended (Rep. Ros-Lehtinen – Foreign Affairs)
- S. 2165 – United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 (Sen. Boxer – Foreign Affairs)
- S. 2009 – Insular Areas Act of 2011 (Sen. Bingaman – Foreign Affairs)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Wednesday, July 18: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to consider H.R. 5872 – Sequestration Transparency Act of 2012 (Rep. Hensarling – Budget) – under suspension of the Rules. The House is also expected to begin consideration of H.R. 5856 – Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 (Rep. Young (FL) – Appropriations).
|The Daily Quote|
“The rigidity of those pledges is something I don’t like. The circumstances change and you can’t be wedded to some formula by Grover Norquist. It’s—who the hell is Grover Norquist, anyway?”- President George H.W. Bush, Parade Magazine, 7/13/12