|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
**Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 4:30 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (5 bills)
- H.R. 910 – Fair Access to Investment Research Act of 2017 (Rep. Hill – Financial Services)
- H.R. 1312 – Small Business Capital Formation Enhancement Act (Rep. Poliquin – Financial Services)
- H.R. 1366 – U.S. Territories Investor Protection Act of 2017 (Rep. Velazquez – Financial Services)
- H.R. 657 – Follow the Rules Act (Rep. Duffy – Oversight and Government Reform)
- H.R. 1242 – 400 Years of African-American History Commission Act, as amended (Rep. Scott (VA) – Oversight and Government Reform)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Tuesday, May 2: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to consider H.R. 1180 – Working Families Flexibility Act of 2017 (Rep. Roby – Education and the Workforce) (Subject to a Rule). The House is also expected to consider bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules.
|The Daily Quote|
“Congressional leaders reached a final deal on a fiscal 2017 catchall spending package Sunday night — about seven months late. If passed by the House and Senate and signed by President Donald Trump by Friday's deadline, the mammoth legislation would fund the government through September and avoid a shutdown under Republican rule… The concessions made by the new GOP administration reflected the need to secure bipartisan support for the deal…”
- CQ, 5/1/2017