|House Meets At:||First Vote Predicted:||Last Vote Predicted:|
12:00 p.m.: Morning Hour
|6:30 p.m.||7:00 p.m.|
**Following one minute speeches, the House is expected to recess until approximately 4:30 p.m. At that time, the House will reconvene and consider the six bills listed for consideration under suspension of the Rules. Any recorded votes requested will be postponed until 6:30 p.m.
Suspensions (6 bills)
- H.R. 697 – Three Kids Mine Remediation and Reclamation Act (Rep. Heck (NV) – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1300 – To amend the Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956 to reauthorize the volunteer programs and community partnerships for the benefit of national wildlife refuges, and for other purposes (Rep. Runyan – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 1411 – California Coastal National Monument Expansion Act of 2013 (Rep. Huffman – Natural Resources)
- H.R. 2353 – To amend title 23, United States Code, with respect to the operation of vehicles on certain Wisconsin highways, and for other purposes (Rep. Petri – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.Con.Res. 44 – Authorizing the use of the Capitol Ground for the District of Columbia Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run (Rep. Norton – Transportation and Infrastructure)
- H.R. 1542 – WMD Intelligence and Information Sharing Act of 2013 (Rep. Meehan – Homeland Security)
The GOP Leadership has announced the following schedule for Wednesday, July 23: The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. The House is expected to begin consideration of H.R. 2397 – Department of Defense Appropriations Act (Rep. Young (FL) – Appropriations) (Subject to a Rule).
|The Daily Quote|
”Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) vowed Sunday to hold more House votes to thwart ObamaCare, a major priority for the GOP as the law is implemented. ‘You're going to see a lot more,’ Boehner told CBS's ‘Face the Nation.’ The House has voted nearly 40 times to defund, dismantle or repeal the healthcare law, prompting frustration from Democrats who say the votes are aimed at sabotage.”
- The Hill, 7/21/13