On Wednesday, the House will convene at 10:00 a.m. and recess immediately. The House will then reconvene at approximately 10:40 a.m. in a Joint Meeting with the Senate to receive His Excellency, Bertie Ahern, Prime Minister of Ireland. Members are encouraged to be in the Chamber no later than 10:45 a.m.
Suspensions (13 Bills):
1) H.R. 1195 - To amend the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users to make technical corrections, and for other purposes (Rep. Oberstar – Transportation and Infrastructure)
2) H.Con.Res. 308 - Authorizing the use of the Capitol Grounds for the National Peace Officers’ Memorial Service (Rep. Norton - Transportation and Infrastructure)
3) H.Res. 444 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Aviation Maintenance Technician Day, honoring the invaluable contributions of Charles Edward Taylor, regarded as the father of aviation maintenance, and recognizing the essential role of aviation maintenance technicians in ensuring the safety and security of civil and military aircraft (Rep. Filner - Transportation and Infrastructure)
4) H.Res. 964 - Promoting the safe operation of 15-passenger vans (Rep. Duncan - Transportation and Infrastructure)
5) H.R. 5919 - To make technical corrections regarding the “Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007” (Rep. Roybal-Allard – Energy and Commerce)
6) H.R. 1777 - Need-Based Educational Aid Act of 2007 (Rep. Delahunt – Judiciary)
7) H.Con.Res. 330 - Supporting the goals and ideals of National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (Rep. Baldwin – Judiciary)
8) H.Res. 1096 - Commending the University of Kansas Jayhawks for winning the 2008 National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I basketball championship (Rep. Moore (KS) – Education and Labor)
9) H.Res. 1130 - Recognizing the roles and contributions of America's teachers to building and enhancing our Nation's civic, cultural, and economic well being. (Rep. Graves – Education and Labor)
10) H.Res. 1100 - Congratulating the University of Iowa Hawkeyes Wrestling Team on Winning the 2008 NCAA Division I National Wrestling Championships (Rep. Loebsack – Education and Labor)
11) H.Res. 1119 - Supporting the goals and ideals highlighted through National Volunteer Week (Rep. Platts – Education and Labor)
12) H.Res. 1149 - Expressing support for the designation of April 2008 as National Sarcoidosis Awareness Month, and supporting efforts to devote new resources to research the causes of the disease, environmental and otherwise, along with treatments and workforce strategies to support individuals with sarcoidosis (Rep. Davis (IL) – Education and Labor)
13) H.Res. 1154 - Supporting the mission and goals of Workers Memorial Day in order to honor and remember the workers who have been killed or injured in the workplace (Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (TX) – Education and Labor)
H.R. 5522 – Worker Protection Against Combustible Dust Explosion and Fire Act of 2008 (Rep. George Miller (CA) – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)
Motion to Go to Conference on H.R. 4040 - The Consumer Product Safety Modernization Act of 2007 (Rep. Rush – Energy and Commerce) Motion to Instruct Conferees.
Flake Motion to Instruct Conferees on H.R. 2419 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007 (Rep. Peterson – Agriculture)
Ryan (WI) Motion to Instruct Conferees on H.R. 2419 Food and Energy Security Act of 2007 (Rep. Peterson – Agriculture)
* Conference Reports may be brought up at any time.
* Motions to go to Conference should they become available.
* Possible Motions to Instruct Conferees.